Reload this Page >

We just got robbed!

We just got robbed!

Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Unhappy We just got robbed!

A heads up for all you guys.

Between 9:30 and 10:30 last night, a toe rag got in and lifted a bunch of computer stuff.

Now I couldn't give a rats about that but the fact he got in when my wife was in the bath and my son was asleep next door!! Doesn't look like he was too bright though 'cos SOCO is having a whale of a time taking prints not to mention he didn't take the charges for the laptops or PDA!.

But here's the warning, LOCK YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS at night. Apparently hitting occupied houses is quite common 'cos there's normally a window or door open.

No reflection on Oz (although the police here are very quick to turn up, I didn't even expect a visit) just the law of averages. Both H and I have had minor hits in the UK.

Anyways "Don't have nightmares"
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We just got robbed!

Bad news guys, at least you are all ok though.

Shut those doors and windows!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:29 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nibbs
when my wife was in the bath and my son was asleep next door!!
now that's really scary , thankfully it was just a thief , thankgoodness your family is okay , stuff can be replaced...i never go without locking my windows and doors ...even when i'm home!!!....give your son and wife a big hug, if i was her I'd have nightmares thinking about what could have been.....stay safe
Old Nov 29th 2004, 5:01 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, scary!
Glad you're all ok!

I'm not used to locking up, because for many years we lived in places where it wasn't necessary(like Bridgetown in the south, but even there is necessary to lock up now!)
Luckily Pascal locks everything up, even when we're home.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 6:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I shall leave this on my screen as a warning to people who go for long walks leaving their keys under the doormat..........
Old Nov 29th 2004, 6:32 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear you were broken in to....

I was broken into quite a few years back, and I can, to a point, understand how you feel. Luckily for me, I wasnt home at the time....

Its not the posessions that they take.....for me it was that they invaded my space. They went through my drawers and cupboards...it was horrible. I moved out a week later. Couldnt even stand being in the house....

I hope they catch the buggars!!

Hels
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Hey it's just one of those things but it's gonna happen if you're not careful.

That includes leaving a bag on the shopping trolley or not taking the stereo face off in the car.

Never mind, we'll just forget about it. After all there's no point whinging about something we can't fix is there?