British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   We just bought our first Aussie house (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we-just-bought-our-first-aussie-house-320984/)

jjonboy Aug 19th 2005 3:42 pm

We just bought our first Aussie house

1 Attachment(s)
Just got our mortgage approved today, exchange mon/ tues next week, move in Labour day weekend.

We are both as pleased as punch. Isn't human nature strange.... we get excited about signing up to a load of debt lol!

My main reason for posting is by way of encouragement. We arrived in Oz 2.5 years ago with $5k to our name, no jobs and no clue! Bit of graft, bit of good look/ someone somewhere shining on us nicely and we have managed to get to above our previous UK wages and scrape together enough cash to buy this place.....

For the guys still back in the UK.... go for it , give it a chance to work out (we nearly went home after 12 months when we hit a bad patch but stuck it out) and it will come good....

For those interested i have attached a photo

The A Team Aug 19th 2005 3:53 pm

Re: We just bought our first Aussie house

Originally Posted by jjonboy
Just got our mortgage approved today, exchange mon/ tues next week, move in Labour day weekend.

We are both as pleased as punch. Isn't human nature strange.... we get excited about signing up to a load of debt lol!

My main reason for posting is by way of encouragement. We arrived in Oz 2.5 years ago with $5k to our name, no jobs and no clue! Bit of graft, bit of good look/ someone somewhere shining on us nicely and we have managed to get to above our previous UK wages and scrape together enough cash to buy this place.....

For the guys still back in the UK.... go for it , give it a chance to work out (we nearly went home after 12 months when we hit a bad patch but stuck it out) and it will come good....

Nice one!!! Hope you'll be very happy in your new house....it's nice to read a success story. :)

Phoenixuk2oz Aug 19th 2005 3:56 pm

Wow....looks lovely!

Just goes to show if you work hard, you reap the rewards ;)

Great story of inspiration. Good luck :beer:

Professional Princess Aug 19th 2005 3:56 pm

This is the sort of story that I like to hear, congratulations. :)

sel Aug 19th 2005 4:00 pm

Gorgeous house .... well done and here's to many happy years in it :beer:

lynnlovessun Aug 19th 2005 4:03 pm

Congratulations on buying your 1st house - it looks really lovely! I hope you will be very happy there and i'd like to say its lovely to read an inspirational story! We ourselves will be moving with more modest savings and hope like you to suceed!

Lynn :)

sunshine23 Aug 19th 2005 4:06 pm

Congratulations, wishing you health, wealth and happiness in your new home.

The Crow Aug 19th 2005 4:42 pm

Well done!! What a fab looking house :)
Good to have this inspiration :)

Paul2004 Aug 19th 2005 4:43 pm

House looks lovely! .. :)

Nice one!

tequila Aug 19th 2005 5:09 pm

The house looks lovely congratulations and good luck.

Anne4Terry Aug 19th 2005 5:15 pm

Congratulations. Well done for sticking with it and working hard at what you want, an inspiration to us all :) Look forward to seeing more photos of the house.

Pants Aug 19th 2005 5:54 pm

Nice one..!!! good for you I really hope the excitement fills each room in your new house and you continue to be a happy jjonboy :)

swissfabs Aug 19th 2005 6:21 pm

Good on you! I hope I can do as well as you... this is truly motivating!!!

All the best in your new house !

fabie

bridiej Aug 19th 2005 7:12 pm

Gorgeous house!! Congrats! :D

Ozzidoc Aug 19th 2005 7:36 pm

It's lovely! Enjoy your new garden, and well done for being an inspiration to others.

:)