Reload this Page >

Are we Jumping the gun?

Are we Jumping the gun?

Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:04 pm
FayenPaul

faye_gillan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Are we Jumping the gun?

Hi
Paul and I have applied for Skilled Independant Visa with the help of Agents Four Corners. We passed TRA assement and our application was lodged April 2004! Our Australian Assuror has been requesed and bond paid in Nov 04. We havent been requested for medicals or police checks yet? Is this the norm?

We have just received our police checks back now so they are ready but our case worker has advised not to get our medicals done yet? Would you's recommend we get them done anyways?

Our agent is very positive and said we should have our VISA's by end of May.

We are now in the process of putting our flat on the market and have booked our leaving party for first week in June hoping to fly out the second week in June.

Do you think we are jumping the gun?????????????
Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

waustralish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are we Jumping the gun?

Originally Posted by faye_gillan
Hi
Paul and I have applied for Skilled Independant Visa with the help of Agents Four Corners. We passed TRA assement and our application was lodged April 2004! Our Australian Assuror has been requesed and bond paid in Nov 04. We havent been requested for medicals or police checks yet? Is this the norm?

We have just received our police checks back now so they are ready but our case worker has advised not to get our medicals done yet? Would you's recommend we get them done anyways?

We are now in the process of putting our flat on the market and have booked our leaving party for first week in June hoping to fly out the second week in June.

I personally would take the advise of the case officer. They should know when the medicals should be done. The medicals are only valid for 12 months from the day they are done.

You have to ask yourself a few questions of what if's 1st.

What if you have medicals done and the clock starts ticking away the months before your visas's are granted you are then running out of time to validate them?

What if you don't get your visa's and you've sold your flat, handed in your notice at work? What then?.

I would hold fire until the case officer tells you to go ahead with the medicals, and you have in WRITING you've got your visa's. Then you can start the ball rolling on selling the flat and organising your leaving party.

Your agent might be wrong and you could still be waiting 12 months from now.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Are we Jumping the gun?

Hi Faye n Paul
Dont think your jumpin the gun at-all and why not go and get your medicals done, they are valid for a year, dont think it will take more than a year from now!!

If you want a recomendation for a practice to do your medicals in Aberdeen just send me a pm and will let you know

No worries

Bill n Linz
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:05 pm
maggy

Hi

I would wait until your case officer gives you the go ahead.

We used Four Corners and our agent Cori was fabulous.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:47 pm
FayenPaul

faye_gillan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggy
I would wait until your case officer gives you the go ahead.

We used Four Corners and our agent Cori was fabulous.

Thanks Maggy,

Our case worker is Cori too and dont get me wrong she is good, i think we maybe just expected alittle more info. Did you use Four Corners for just application or are they assisting you with employment, home search etc?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:12 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Check out www.austimeline.com but I get the impression from this forum that March 04 apllications are coming back with requests for meds and pcc's at the moment so you shouldn't have to wait much longer. You should have a reference number for your application so I would do them now.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi faye_gillan,

you applied april 2004...so you're application has been in for about 9 months???...assuror requested and bond payed....

GO AND DO THOSE MEDS AND PCS!!!!

Our timeline goes:

Visa: Skilled Independant ( subclass 136 ) application acknowledged:- 19/11/03
Meds and pcs sent ( unrequested ):- 13 & 21/01/04
PERMANENT RESIDENCY GRANTED:- 30/03/04

Basically, our application for PERMANENT RESIDENCY took 18 weeks or 4 months and 2 weeks.......very lucky, I know, and we *did* send our meds and pcs unrequested,

At the stage you're at and your timeframe, the chances that your app will take another 12 months to complete, ( i.e how long you have until you have to validate your visas - 12 months from date of meds or pcs ) would mean that your app would have taken 21 months to come through, which is RARE!!!!

Go and get them done and get on with your lives!!!!

good luck!!! xxx
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:36 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

We applied to Adelaide in Oct 2004, got the Meds and Police request December 2004. The UK police checks took 20 days in total from asking, and that was over Christmas. We got booked in for Medical and Xray straight away. As soon as they here you are cash paying I think they must have cancelled appointments to get us in. Our only delays could be I am diabetic so this may hold up the meds and the wife needs a canadian police check which takes ages. It seems a 2 month turnaround for Visas is not unrealistic from other things I've read so we're selling our house after a recce trip to Melourne in Feb.

I don't think you are jumping the gun, just being very prepared, do you have a contigency plan in case of delays, have you resigned from work yet or do your employers not know yet. It is quite hard explaining why you are selling your house and posessions, some people think my wife has left me!!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:10 pm
maggy

Thanks Maggy,

Our case worker is Cori too and dont get me wrong she is good, i think we maybe just expected alittle more info. Did you use Four Corners for just application or are they assisting you with employment, home search etc?
Hi Faye

we used 4 corners for visa only and found them to be very efficient and Cori contacted me as soon as she had any news.

If we e mailed Cori she would e mail or phone me the same day.

I know that you really want to get things moving.

Cori gave us a rough date of when to expect our visas and we had some complications along the way with Marks ex and refusing to allow his son to have medicals.

We went by the date we were given and sold the house and gave up work in the hope that the visas would be here on time.

Guess what?

They were here just as she had said.

My advice would be to hang on in there and have meds etc done when given go ahead.

We had meds done and recieved visas approx 6 weeks later and that was with all the complications from Marks lovely ex wife.

Good luck and hang on in there.

Mags