Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

we jumped the customs queue

we jumped the customs queue

Old Apr 24th 2004, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default we jumped the customs queue

We think we jumped the queue because hubby bought over his shot gun for clay pidgeon shooting. Therefore the customs officers had to open up the container straight away and take the gun out to be put elsewhere and have the paper work checked etc etc with the police. Therefore as the container had to be opened they had to go through it all and voila.. no probs and we get it in Tuesday which is about 3-4 weeks early... Result!!!

Jammy or what!!!

booboo

Last edited by booboo1; Apr 25th 2004 at 12:43 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dilly's is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seen your post. Unfortunately a week or two late as I sold mine. Would be interested in knowing how easy to get a licence in Oz though.

I sold mine as Where living with family and did not want to hold gun whilst there. What is process for application etc.

Well done for getting ahead of the game!!!

Paul
Old Apr 24th 2004, 11:54 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

jammy as a dodger

I'll be round to christen your sofa on wednesday
Old Apr 25th 2004, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: we jumped the customs queue

Originally posted by booboo
We think we jumped the queue because hubby bought over his shot gun for clay pidgeon shooting. Therefore the customs officers had to open up the container straight away and take the gun out to be put elsewhere and have the paper work checked etc etc with the ploice. Therefore as the container had to be opened they had to go through it all and viola.. no probs and we get it in Tuesday which is about 3-4 weeks early... Result!!!

Jammy or what!!!

booboo
Just out of interest, what ship did your stuff arrive on, and which company did you use for your shipping?

Which company is dealing with your stuff at this end?
Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hevs

would you ilke a go on the rower and bike with me so that we can recapture our super model figures once again!!

BooBoo!!
Old Apr 25th 2004, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by WhiteRose
Just out of interest, what ship did your stuff arrive on, and which company did you use for your shipping?

Which company is dealing with your stuff at this end?

Why????

booboo
Old Apr 25th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Why????

booboo
Because the ship with our stuff on, the P & O Botany, arrived in Melbourne on Wednesday. I was wondering if your stuff was on the same ship, and whether you had also used John Masons.

If you don't want to say, then don't worry about it.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by WhiteRose
Because the ship with our stuff on, the P & O Botany, arrived in Melbourne on Wednesday. I was wondering if your stuff was on the same ship, and whether you had also used John Masons.

If you don't want to say, then don't worry about it.
Hi WhiteRose

It just seemed that you wanted too much in the way of personnel detail!!!

However in answer to your enquiry.......didn't take note of name of ship so can't confirm it's the same shipment as yours......didn't use John Masons.

We were told by the removal company that there are only 2 customs officers dealing with domestic shipments.......as such clearance can be expected to take at least 3 weeks from arrival!!!

Bet you wish you had brought a gun now!

Cheers, Booboo's hubby.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi WhiteRose

It just seemed that you wanted too much in the way of personnel detail!!!

However in answer to your enquiry.......didn't take note of name of ship so can't confirm it's the same shipment as yours......didn't use John Masons.

We were told by the removal company that their are only 2 customs officers dealing with domestic shipments.......as such clearance can be expected to take at least 3 weeks from arrival!!!

Bet you wish you had brought a gun now!

Cheers, Booboo's hubby.
Thanks Mr Booboo.

When I thought about it, it did seem like a strange question. I obviously knew why I was asking, but I didn't make that clear in my question.

Basically, I was just trying to get an idea of how long it would take for our stuff to make it through customs. It is frustrating knowing that all our stuff is only about 15km away, but we can't get to it, and we don't have a clue when we can

Glad to hear that your stuff is coming though. Which suburb have you settled in? We are in Kew.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:26 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs

would you ilke a go on the rower and bike with me so that we can recapture our super model figures once again!!

BooBoo!!
what do you mean, Recapture???
(psst, just look in the "skinny mirror" at play zone, it works wonders )
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by hevs
what do you mean, Recapture???
(psst, just look in the "skinny mirror" at play zone, it works wonders )

Yeah but it does,nt make my trousers feel any looser.. I'm sure me zip is about to pop!!!:scared:
Boohoo booboo

Took mr Booboo jogging again today....then 40 sit ups when I got home...I need a good sleep now but him indoors is taking me shopping again!!! He's a man possessed!!! Please anyone ..I beg you... give this man a job!!!!!! ahhhhh:scared:

booboo
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:44 am
Badge

give this man a job!!!!!! ahhhhh:scared:

booboo
Oil change on ute. This weekend.

BM

Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:27 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

give this man a job!!!!!! ahhhhh:scared:

booboo
Fixing my laptop when the screwdrivers arrive
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

faxing some docs to Sydney for me tomorrow. (if they bloody well arrive, i've only been waiting a week for them to come from Brisbane )