Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are homeless, jobless and with out possessions..

We are homeless, jobless and with out possessions..

Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default We are homeless, jobless and with out possessions..

Well just an update from a friends computer.. we moved out and completed on the house yesterday.. PSS were fab.. but I felt totally devistated, I loved my home.

I know this is just the start of our new life and I am excited but have another 2 weeks of emotional rollercoaster before we fly on 7th September.. living for a 5 weeks out of suitcases with 2 under 4's.. we'll survive..just..

Good luck to everyone else and look forward to seeing you all in Bayside/Brissie..

Julie
Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:58 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We are homeless, jobless and with out possessions..

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Well just an update from a friends computer.. we moved out and completed on the house yesterday.. PSS were fab.. but I felt totally devistated, I loved my home.

I know this is just the start of our new life and I am excited but have another 2 weeks of emotional rollercoaster before we fly on 7th September.. living for a 5 weeks out of suitcases with 2 under 4's.. we'll survive..just..

Good luck to everyone else and look forward to seeing you all in Bayside/Brissie..

Julie
Best of luck to you. Hope all your dreams come true
Old Aug 19th 2005, 4:02 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Julie
Good luck Julie.

This is the start to your new life. Enjoy every minute

We'll keep the sun shining in Brissy Bayside for ya

Old Aug 19th 2005, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

clairey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I'd just like to say that i can totally empathise with you.I cried when our stuff was shipped. We are now living in what feels like squat,our lovely home is an empty shell. We only have 2 more weeks of this though as we fly to Melbourne on the 1st September.

I don't know about you but I've never felt so stressed in my whole life.My anxiety levels are sky high as there's so much to do and people to say goodbye to.

I hope everything goes well for you.I just keep thinking of when we finally get there and hopefully start to relax.

Good luck!

Claire x
Old Aug 19th 2005, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the rough

OMG, how awful.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:43 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Julie
All the best.

Ginny
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Julie
hi julie
i know how you feel i am still going through cuboards!! we bought a new washing machine today (it will look nice in the dining room until the packers come on the 14th!)
i am finding it hard to concentrate on anything!!
we will be seeing you on the 23rd at Manhatten!! we are asking john to get us a little welcome grocery box!! t bags / milk etc he has said no problem..
just picture yourself relaxing in the pool!!
see you in 34 days...
bev, keith and Emily
Old Aug 20th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Coincidentally (sort of !) - we complete on our house on 23rd Sept, Shippers are out week before and we fly to spend the rest or our lives in Brisbane, Bayside on 28th December 2005.
So you'll be 3 months in by then!! Best of luck guys - maybe we will meet up sometime at some BBQ!!!

New years @ Southbank anyone ???

Old Aug 20th 2005, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Originally Posted by tabby
Coincidentally (sort of !) - we complete on our house on 23rd Sept, Shippers are out week before and we fly to spend the rest or our lives in Brisbane, Bayside on 28th December 2005.
So you'll be 3 months in by then!! Best of luck guys - maybe we will meet up sometime at some BBQ!!!

New years @ Southbank anyone ???

that would be nice!!
good luck with house sale and the rest..
it will be a funny xmas!! i am taking a box of old cards so i can put them up and not feel so far away!!
hope to be in a nice rental by 28th December..
Old Aug 20th 2005, 1:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
We'll keep the sun shining in Brissy Bayside for ya
And it has warmed up again

Last Saturday, waiting at the local Netball ground, reminded me of a cold British Winters day, today, at the same spot, reminded me of a nice warm British Summers day

Old Aug 20th 2005, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Julie,
We are all thinking of you at this time. Enjoy the last few days of the UK, and prepare yourselves for the new world. Hope Jeremy and the Kids are fine, and will talk to you soon.

Chris.

PS. Finally had an offer on house we excepted.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:14 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck and have a safe journey.

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: We are homeless, jobless and with out possessions..

Thanks everyone... at my parents now, things have settled down emotions are stable again for a few days..!! The rollercoaster will start again with more goodbyes later this week!!

See you all soon, New Years at South Bank sounds great!

Congratulations Chris and Sasha on the house, we knew you'd get what you wanted eventually, it's a great house!! Love to hear how you are settling in.

Beebopaloola looking forward to meeting you all.. good idea on the grocery pack.. might have to contact John too!!

Bye for now,

Julie