Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We have a viewer

We have a viewer

Old Dec 10th 2003, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We have a viewer

At last after 9 weeks on the market, we have at last got a viewer. We just hope they turn up and like it. We have already had one time waster who never came. We have also had time wasters for the car we are selling and a roof box. why do these people bother to ring and say they will come if they have no intenetion. As if I haven't enough to worry about.

Any way fingers crossed we may be getting a bit of luck for a change.

All we need now is Our 457 Visa accepted, which we are told will be soon, but with the house selling process taking so long we are taking a risk - so it could still could go pear shaped. Oh what fun:scared: :scared:

Stef
Old Dec 10th 2003, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: We have a viewer

Originally posted by stefian
At last after 9 weeks on the market, we have at last got a viewer. We just hope they turn up and like it. We have already had one time waster who never came. We have also had time wasters for the car we are selling and a roof box. why do these people bother to ring and say they will come if they have no intenetion. As if I haven't enough to worry about.

All we need now is Our 457 Visa accepted, which we are told will be soon, but with the house selling process taking so long we are taking a risk - so it could still could go pear shaped. Oh what fun:scared: :scared:

Stef
yes I'm worried too about the logistics of the move, ie what if you sell the house too early and have no-where to sleep or what if you cant sell it and have finished work adn are waiting to go.

Am now resorting to microsoft project :-)
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Just worry about selling the house.
If you sell early you could always rent for a couple of months.
Snap any buyers hands off. It will reduce the stress later down the line.
Attached Thumbnails We have a viewer-drop.gif  
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:45 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by PeterAndSue
Agree with the above, as you know we sold ours this week taking a cool 8 months & still to complete, just hope the exchange rate covers the shortfall. Good luck
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news, I hope they put in an good offer by the weekend!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Goodluck with the viewer
I know exactly what you mean about timewasters and even the estate agents were useing at the moment in my eyes are a waste of space...Roll on the 20th when our contract runs out with them..were gonna try going duel agency hopefully that will make things run faster
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We have a viewer

Stef
Fingers crossed for you Stef
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tinaj

Did every thing go to plan today? at least that is one more thing off your plate. now you can chill out a bit.

Were will you be living in Oz?

Stef

hopefully Brisbane bound soon
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeterAndSue

We sold early (before we'd received our visas) and our buyers agreed to our timescale as long as we exchanged contracts earlyish so we wont complete until aweek before departure date. I realise we've been lucky but its worth asking when you get an offer.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your viewer - hope it goes well for you.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:21 pm
WBB

you will get there in the end, chill out and plan the future.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Just an update on how wwe went with the viewer.

turned out it was an old neighbour, seemed to like it (no offer though). came to ask about the neighbours, to which I said they were brilliant (which they are), when one of my boys churped up what about the psycho next door but one - I suddenly felt physically sick. I smoothed it over because the truth is he get angry when the lads ,who can play football on a nearby field insist on playing in front of his house. but the the other son say and what about the other psycho up the road.:scared: :scared:

needless to say I went absolutely mad when the viewers went.

Anyway we have been told by our agents that the DIMIA have granted our visa's but not the kids - after last week should we leave them behind mmmmmmmm.

No I think we will take them, they can carry the cases.

We were told they may not need medicals, but now they do so their visas will be granted when the DIMIA receive them, so the appointment has been made.

All we have to do is sell the house and next time the kids will be made scarce

Steph
Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:42 pm
WBB

Just an update on how wwe went with the viewer.

turned out it was an old neighbour, seemed to like it (no offer though). came to ask about the neighbours, to which I said they were brilliant (which they are), when one of my boys churped up what about the psycho next door but one - I suddenly felt physically sick. I smoothed it over because the truth is he get angry when the lads ,who can play football on a nearby field insist on playing in front of his house. but the the other son say and what about the other psycho up the road.:scared: :scared:

needless to say I went absolutely mad when the viewers went.

Anyway we have been told by our agents that the DIMIA have granted our visa's but not the kids - after last week should we leave them behind mmmmmmmm.

No I think we will take them, they can carry the cases.

We were told they may not need medicals, but now they do so their visas will be granted when the DIMIA receive them, so the appointment has been made.

All we have to do is sell the house and next time the kids will be made scarce

Steph
i hope they have been briefed to just sit there and look cute for the next viewer ?