Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We have taken the first official step

We have taken the first official step

Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Smile We have taken the first official step

Well, we are truly doing more than just considering emigrating to Oz. Last week I paid for and sent off hubbies papers for TRA.
Paid extra to fast track so should know by xmas if that is all ok.
It is VERY SCARY!!
Decided to DIY our application - felt did not need an agent with all you helpful lot out there. Let's hope I am right.
Guess you will be hearing a lot more from us in the coming months.
So thanks in advance!
Now I need to start working on our main application so I can get that off as soon as we get back our trade stuff.
Any hints or tips always welcome.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:48 pm
WBB

Default Re: We have taken the first official step

Originally posted by johnkay
Well, we are truly doing more than just considering emigrating to Oz. Last week I paid for and sent off hubbies papers for TRA.
It is VERY SCARY!!
Decided to DIY our application - felt did not need an agent with all you helpful lot out there. Let's hope I am right.
So thanks in advance!
Now I need to start working on our main application so I can get that off as soon as we get back our trade stuff.

i know how you feel as do most people on this site, be prepared for a rollercoaster ride, plenty of up's and downs lay ahead.

good luck with everything, any problems you encounter just pop in here and somebody will be able to help.

Old Oct 21st 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

It is VERY SCARY!!
So thanks in advance!
Good luck with the application - I am sure it will sail through !!!
Old Oct 21st 2003, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck with the main app. Ours went off in May this year. We haven`t used an agent and if i can be of any help just drop us a PM.

footie chick
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:15 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

It is VERY SCARY!!
So thanks in advance!
Johnkay,

Well done more bottle than me our tra is in with the powers that be.
I was wondering the same question ie prempt the tra and have every dam thing ready to go for Dimia

Always try this site there are so many good posters Hgarret WBB Whiskey Tina footie chick pommie bastard (god rest his soul) dottie check them all out loads and loads of others they will help and keep you going. Many say U dont need agents if you have the time and are diligent.
Be Brave May The Force Be With Me!!!!! oh and U 2?

deaf old Uni!! never gets a reply
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good luck with it all. Hope you TRA comes back quickly
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

markcrute is an unknown quantity at this point

It is VERY SCARY!!
So thanks in advance!
Think you should hear well before chrismas I fast tracked my tra application and got a reply in 2 weeks(10 days if you take off postal times)
good luck

Last edited by markcrute; Oct 22nd 2003 at 8:55 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 2:36 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I think yours might have been an exception to the general rule though Mark ... :-))

Best regards.

Originally posted by markcrute
Think you should hear well before chrismas I fast tracked my tra application and got a reply in 2 weeks (10 days if you take off postal times)
good luck