Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We have finally done it

We have finally done it

Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default We have finally done it

Exhanged on our house that is!! Those of you who have read my previous threads a few weeks ago will know what a hassle we had selling the house in the first place, but although it has taken a while, the exhange itself went relatively smoothly and we got the call at 4:15pm to say we had exchanged. The shippers come in on the 31st to pack up all our stuff and put it into storage ready for us to give the ok as we still don't have our visa :scared:

I know many of you will be thinking madness, but we simply did not want to be in a position of having the visa (hopefully) and not being able to go straight away. It has been almost two months since our visa application so hopefully it will only be another three or so (we are on the MODL) before we get it. Luckily, my sister has let us have her house to rent for three months whilst we wait and pray!!

Just want to say to everyone that sometimes in life you just have to take risks and go with your gut instinct. I am sh**ing myself frankly at this whole thing, I mean, Australia is on the other side of the world, but I am also strangely exhilerated by taking a chance and just giving it a go. Nothing is forever if you don't want it to be and I say why the hell not.

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:04 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have finally done it

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Exhanged on our house that is!! Those of you who have read my previous threads a few weeks ago will know what a hassle we had selling the house in the first place, but although it has taken a while, the exhange itself went relatively smoothly and we got the call at 4:15pm to say we had exchanged. The shippers come in on the 31st to pack up all our stuff and put it into storage ready for us to give the ok as we still don't have our visa :scared:

I know many of you will be thinking madness, but we simply did not want to be in a position of having the visa (hopefully) and not being able to go straight away. It has been almost two months since our visa application so hopefully it will only be another three or so (we are on the MODL) before we get it. Luckily, my sister has let us have her house to rent for three months whilst we wait and pray!!

Just want to say to everyone that sometimes in life you just have to take risks and go with your gut instinct. I am sh**ing myself frankly at this whole thing, I mean, Australia is on the other side of the world, but I am also strangely exhilerated by taking a chance and just giving it a go. Nothing is forever if you don't want it to be and I say why the hell not.

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave
Congrats to you both on the sale of your house.
Will keep fingers crossed that your visa is granted very soon
Julie
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:55 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Great news Sarah. About time something went right
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette Jones will become famous soon enough

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave
Well done, I know how it feels, we've just exchanged today, put the house up for sale end of July, 2nd couple through the door offered the full asking price and everything was looking OK. However their first time buyers have really been messing about and its taken until now to get everything signed, sealed and delivered. We move out into rental 11/11/05 and are looking at booking flights for early Jan 06.

I have to say that selling the house has been the most stressful thing yet.

Well done again.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:04 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave

congrats!!!!!!!

good luck with the rest

jan xx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave

thats great news mate - i dont think you are mad at all - it is ideally what we would want to do but looking less likely by the day

soon as you get those visas you will be off!! GOOD ON YA!!

J
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave

Hi, I just want to say congratulations, and I think you have done the most sensible thing you could have done given the length of time it seems to be taking most people to sell . May it be a good sign of things to come for you!

Ginaf
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:23 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Must be the day for exchanging today - we did too!

The shippers come on 15th November, complete and fly to Hong Kong on 16th, arrive in Perth 25th!

Not bad considering we only got our Visa on Wednesday!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Jules
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Congratu;lations!!!! What a relief it must be. I'm so pleased for you

Tracey
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco
Must be the day for exchanging today - we did too!

The shippers come on 15th November, complete and fly to Hong Kong on 16th, arrive in Perth 25th!

Not bad considering we only got our Visa on Wednesday!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Jules

Well done to you too. I cant believe how quick things are moving for you . You will need the time in Hong Kong just to get your breath back

Tracey
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

we are also defenetly mad as you, sold house have to be out in Nov and then homeless as visa was logged on August 10 so in same situation as above as they say this book is wriitten in chapters and lets wait to write the next chapter all very dawnting but wat ever life is a challenge never worry about what if ....you have to go for it only here once ............but still waiting for those meds .hurry up will you you know who you are and we are WAITING

good luck

Geary and family destin for Adelaide Jan 2006
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:59 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave
Congrats on selling hope you get your visa soon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:59 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave

Congrats!!
Well done for being sooooo brave!!!
Hope all ya dreams come true!!

Kris xx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

mrs gear here, we've never even been to australia,yet we're given up every thing for this new life in australia,so i know how scared you must be! arhhh :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Good luck everyone.

Sarah and Dave
i like your style you will do well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.