Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We have arrived in Brisbane

We have arrived in Brisbane

Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default We have arrived in Brisbane

Hi All.

Well we are here at long last, arrived yesterday morning after a 24hr delay in Dubai due to bad fog but Emirates put us up in a lovely hotel for the night so not to bad.

Yesterday early evening we went for a drive up Mooloolaba and on the way home a wicked storm got us i tell you we've never seen rain and lightning like that before really scarey.

Will give you all a better update when we've got over the jet lag a bit more.

Paula.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have arrived in Brisbane

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi All.

Well we are here at long last, arrived yesterday morning after a 24hr delay in Dubai due to bad fog but Emirates put us up in a lovely hotel for the night so not to bad.

Yesterday early evening we went for a drive up Mooloolaba and on the way home a wicked storm got us i tell you we've never seen rain and lightning like that before really scarey.

Paula.
good luck, we got here 7th Dec last year, very hectic, just dont try to do everything at once, try to relax . Denise
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Hi All.

Paula.
You'd better start getting used to those storms
I'm sure before long you'll be doing what everyone else seems to do - grabbing a , sitting back and enjoying the light show
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:27 am
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

Welcome to Brissie.

My mother in law was delayed on the same flight as you! I am originally from Warrington as well - been here 2 years now.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Lucky then you missed the storm the other morning

WW
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All.

Paula.

Welcome and all the best!!!

Sue x
Old Dec 9th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Welcome and don't for get to change you location from Warrington to Brisbane, it still makes me smile when i look at mine. Good luck and enjoy
Old Dec 9th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

You 1st xmas in oz you lucky buggar,
Hope you settle in quick,
Keep us posted
Hilaryxx
Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:37 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All.

Paula.
Glad all's going ok for you. Enjoy and keep us posted.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:42 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you've arrived safely Paula.
Please keep us posted.
Julie. x
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Hiya Paula, I have tried texting you on your uk mobile number but I don't think you are receiving them. Hows things going? Have you managed to chill and recouperate a little yet? Or are you still mooching around? Ange was asking for your number so I told her you had phone probs & that Id give her your number as soon as I had it. If you need a hand with absolutely anything, just give me a shout. Take care hope to see you again soon x