Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We got it what a week!!!!!

Wikiposts

We got it what a week!!!!!

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:28 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whoopeeeeee

Just got in from work to find Deb's has beat me to the WHOOOOPPPEEEEE post. Phew got that out of my system WHOOPEEEEEEEEEE maybe not then
Thanks to all who lifted our spirits during the long wait [it seemed like forever] We're just going out for a celebratory meal and maybe a couple of shandies
Looking forward to another meet-up, Brisbane area would suit us nicely. We'll be staying on my folks boat for a while in Tin Can Bay then moving to their home when it's completed/furnished.
Sean
PS WHOOPEEEEEEE
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:30 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Great news - congratulations - not too many drinks or you will not be able to update timeline
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Yippee! Congratulations!!! Have you finished the champagne yet?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whoopeeeeee

Originally posted by cresta57
Just got in from work to find Deb's has beat me to the WHOOOOPPPEEEEE post. Phew got that out of my system WHOOPEEEEEEEEEE maybe not then
Thanks to all who lifted our spirits during the long wait [it seemed like forever] We're just going out for a celebratory meal and maybe a couple of shandies
Looking forward to another meet-up, Brisbane area would suit us nicely. We'll be staying on my folks boat for a while in Tin Can Bay then moving to their home when it's completed/furnished.
Sean
PS WHOOPEEEEEEE
Congratulations and best wishes for your futures
regards
rach, mark and family
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We got it what a week!!!!!

Just spoken to our agent visa was granted on 27th August. Don't know what else to say because I can't type through my tears. Will update our timeline later when feeling less emotional

Many Thanks to everyone for their advice and support

Debbie
On a cresta of a wave

Enjoy the moment!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whoopeeeeee

Sean
PS WHOOPEEEEEEE

Fab news, keep the happy posts coming!!!!

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Sean & Debs,
excellent news for you all
now you just got to chase the house sale and you're off
see ya soon
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

So much excitement all in the matter of a couple of weeks.
I am so pleased for you.
We are still waiting for the surveyors report. Even the buyer is going mad. She rang them yesterday and refused to go off the phone until someone spoke to her at the Abbey National. They put her on hold for 30 minutes, and then came back on the phone and told her that she would not know for about a week. She went ballistic and said that it wasn't good enough. They told her Friday then.
The whole situation has been a right cockup.
Trying to stay positive as there isn't a thing we can do about it.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the house going through.

Whisky
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 9:02 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
So much excitement all in the matter of a couple of weeks.
I am so pleased for you.
We are still waiting for the surveyors report. Even the buyer is going mad. She rang them yesterday and refused to go off the phone until someone spoke to her at the Abbey National. They put her on hold for 30 minutes, and then came back on the phone and told her that she would not know for about a week. She went ballistic and said that it wasn't good enough. They told her Friday then.
The whole situation has been a right cockup.
Trying to stay positive as there isn't a thing we can do about it.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the house going through.

Whisky
Hi Whisky,
I must confess I kept bugging our estate agent who in turn kept getting on to our buyer who phoned her mortgage adviser on an almost daily basis. Last Thursday I phoned the estate agent for about the 6th time (bet they love me!!) who contacted the buyer who said she hadn't heard anything. I left for work feeling as though nothing was going right and almost ready to throw in the towel. At 5pm I received a call from the estate agent to say that the buyer had been told by her financial adviser that all was well with the survey and she could proceed ( I nearly crashed my van). On the Friday I made an appointment to see my solicitor for the Tuesday and have asked for a completion date of the middle of October. At that time we didn't have our visa's and were anticipating going to live in Humberston with my parents. This last week has been crazy. I came home from work yesterday and someone pointed out that the sold sign had gone up. To cap it all I went to work yesterday and I left the frying pan on, when Sean got home from work the house was full of blue smoke so I nearly never had a house to sell at all :scared:

I know that you will hear something real soon Whisky it's a feeling in my water!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.
Debbie
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie, I need Sean to come over and have a look at this job. ASAP. The estate agent has been on the phone.

Whisky
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by whisky
Debbie, I need Sean to come over and have a look at this job. ASAP. The estate agent has been on the phone.

Whisky

Debbie,, managed to get him on mobile.

Whisky
Old Sep 4th 2003, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Congratulations to you both

All the best for the future guys and good luck with the house
Old Sep 4th 2003, 4:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie & Sean - just seen the news! Congratulations!!
Good luck with the house sale,

Whisky - hope everything is OK??
Old Sep 4th 2003, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

fan-bloody-tastic
good luck
donna
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Thankyou

Debbie and Sean.

Thanks for coming to our rescue tonight. I had almost lost it this afternoon.
Really nice to meet you both, and pleased that you were still here when I got home from work.
I am sure we will get the chance, but just incase, I hope your new lives in Australia are good, and you will be very happy.

Whisky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.