Reload this Page >

We got it!!! - skilled independent 136 visa

We got it!!! - skilled independent 136 visa

Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up We got it!!! - skilled independent 136 visa

Hi everyone

The news we've been waiting for!!! this morning the postman delivered the best piece of news ever. We got our letter from DIMIA via our agent that we have our visa. Can't stop smiling. Unfortunately my husband is away tonight so the champagne will have to wait til tomorrow (but the wine has gone down well and I don't feel too sad drinking on my ownsome ) but it was lovely opening up that letter and reading the news that the visa is ours. What a great thing to get at the end of a long day at work and wow it's a great reason for this weekend's celebrations. Only just got online to post 'cos I've been on the phone to the rest of the family to share the news.

To all those waiting - it does come good in the end and it is an unbeatable feeling to have when you read those words 'I am pleased to advise that the PR visas were granted on 22 November'. I've watched with envy and joy all those postings by others announcing visas have been granted and it is soooo nice for me to be able to post this one. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting and I look forward to reading those posts - this time with joy and no envy!!!

Not that I'm too supersticious but I've resisted making too many postings on the lifestyle forum as I couldn't contemplate the situation of totally getting into the Oz life and then not getting the visa. Now I hope that I can ask more views from you good people on a range of subjects on life in Oz

Time to celebrate!!!!!

BB
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default Re: We got it!!! - skilled independent 136 visa

Well done BB thats great news when the other half gets back you have a good celabration and good luck in the future.

dave
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:18 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beach bound
Hi everyone

The news we've been waiting for!!! this morning the postman delivered the best piece of news ever. We got our letter from DIMIA via our agent that we have our visa. Can't stop smiling. Unfortunately my husband is away tonight so the champagne will have to wait til tomorrow (but the wine has gone down well and I don't feel too sad drinking on my ownsome ) but it was lovely opening up that letter and reading the news that the visa is ours. What a great thing to get at the end of a long day at work and wow it's a great reason for this weekend's celebrations. Only just got online to post 'cos I've been on the phone to the rest of the family to share the news.

To all those waiting - it does come good in the end and it is an unbeatable feeling to have when you read those words 'I am pleased to advise that the PR visas were granted on 22 November'. I've watched with envy and joy all those postings by others announcing visas have been granted and it is soooo nice for me to be able to post this one. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting and I look forward to reading those posts - this time with joy and no envy!!!

Not that I'm too supersticious but I've resisted making too many postings on the lifestyle forum as I couldn't contemplate the situation of totally getting into the Oz life and then not getting the visa. Now I hope that I can ask more views from you good people on a range of subjects on life in Oz

Time to celebrate!!!!!

BB

Superb!! Congratulations!! Sorry your on your tod

Keep on posting!!!!

Donna.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Dave and Donna. It's such a strange feeling - can't stop smiling - even my dog is wondering what's going on and keeps coming up and staring at me, which is most disconcerting!! but is that the smile for the visa or the nearly a bottle of wine that I've consumed??? Even though the other half isn't here I thought it appropriate to have a drink or six

BB
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:26 pm
Cheeky

Hi BB

Aw wow!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Well us lot are here so you are not alone, so to speak!!

Im on wine too....so cheers.... ..... and Good Luck!!

Cheeky
xx

Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:28 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dave and Donna. It's such a strange feeling - can't stop smiling - even my dog is wondering what's going on and keeps coming up and staring at me, which is most disconcerting!! but is that the smile for the visa or the nearly a bottle of wine that I've consumed??? Even though the other half isn't here I thought it appropriate to have a drink or six

BB

Doesnt matter,atleast tonight youll sleep like a baby & even if you have a hangover tomorrow it wont seem that bad !!
Where are you going & any ideas when?

Donna.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi BB

Aw wow!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Well us lot are here so you are not alone, so to speak!!

Im on wine too....so cheers.... ..... and Good Luck!!

Cheeky
xx
Red or white - to me it doesn't matter right now
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:32 pm

Red or white - to me it doesn't matter right now

Cheekys red,(a bit like her face at times!! ) im white-pure!!!!

Donna .
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

well i,m on a few cold tinnies.

oh bye the way i,ll be meeting cheeky in a few hours.

dave
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by chippy dave

dave

Eh?

Donna.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:38 pm
Cheeky

LOL Donna!!

How right you are!!!!

BB just to let you know.....

Yes Im on red.......full bodied (phwoar!!) fragrant.. (phwoar again!!) Australian Rocket Fuel!!!!! And its got cute koalas pics on the box!! (which is nice!!)

Cheeky (should I have one more or call it a day??.........contemplating........go on then, the last one!! )

PS whats yours??!! Full description please!!

Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by madsad
Doesnt matter,atleast tonight youll sleep like a baby & even if you have a hangover tomorrow it wont seem that bad !!
Where are you going & any ideas when?

Donna.
True, but my 6 and 4 year olds might just wreck the lie-in plans!!

We've narrowed it down to QLD and like the thought of Noosa but are still looking and researching. To be honest we really didn't expect the visa to come through so quickly. We had gone to Oz in March/April this year to have a look around and had been disappointed when we got back to find that VetAssess still hadn't come back on the 5 points for me and then to top it all the points had changed and we had to find the $100k bond!! Still, the unexpected good news was that the delays meant we weren't ready till July 5th to lodge our apps which meant we became a 'post-July' applicant. Even so the timeline has amazed us.

We plan to venture out to Oz in summer 05 and concentrate on the Brisbane plus area. It's so exciting!! My sister and her partner are off to Oz for 5 weeks in a week or so's time and I've asked them to get some info on Brisbane and Noosa to help us.

BB
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:40 pm
Cheeky

Steady on Dave you will have the neighbours talking!!!

Meet tomorrow guys!! You know the North West one!!

Cheeky (phew!! )

Originally Posted by chippy dave

dave

Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cheeky
LOL Donna!!

How right you are!!!!

BB just to let you know.....

Yes Im on red.......full bodied (phwoar!!) fragrant.. (phwoar again!!) Australian Rocket Fuel!!!!! And its got cute koalas pics on the box!! (which is nice!!)

Cheeky (should I have one more or call it a day??.........contemplating........go on then, the last one!! )

PS whats yours??!! Full description please!!
Well I feel I'm letting the side down cos mines red but, dare I say it, French not Oz - shame on me I must repent my sins by heading to the nearest supermarket to stock up on Oz only reds!! and Oz-only tinnies, hey Dave?

BB
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sorry i may have got mixed up i thought cheeky was going to the northwest meet tomorrow .

like i said i,m on the tinnies

dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.