British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   We got ours too (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we-got-ours-too-108046/)

bsftaylorm May 2nd 2002 12:17 pm

We got ours too

Got a call from AHC yesterday - visa approved 15 days after posting application.

There is a God.

Look out Brisbane, you're going to be seeing a lot more of us!

Details on timeline, www.austimeline.com (I think) - search for bsftaylorm under spouse sponsored.

Thanks to everyone who helped - this forum is great, and I will be a regular contributor in the future.

Mark and Kelly

cazsue May 2nd 2002 4:06 pm

Re: We got ours too

Congratulations to you both. It's very exciting isn't it?

I am in the process of packing, already decided i don't have enough boxes so have to get some next week.

When are you planning on getting to Brissie?

We hope to be there in the first week in July so not long at all.

Best of luck

take care

Caz

bsftaylorm May 2nd 2002 10:40 pm

Caz

Thanks. it is just sinking in - had a rotten day at work, and then thought 'Stuff this - I can be living in Brisbane in September' so felt a bit better!

We're off to Brissie next week for a recon mission (all planned before we got the nod, so we have to concentrate our minds a bit) - I have arranged interviews with recruitment agencies, and we are roping rellies into taking us round property and car lots etc.

Also looking at furniture and white goods - pricing them up to see if it's worth selling ours here and then rebuying.

Any idea where you want to live? The missus was there in January, and fell in love with Ferny Hills and around there (p[ost code 4055) which is on the Northside.

Let us know how you get on.

Mark & Kelly

Birgit Arkestei May 3rd 2002 3:30 pm

Congratulations from us as well!

Could you post your experience about pricing furniture and white goods on the
newgroups when you get back?

If we ever get our visa, we will have to make the same decisions on what we are going
to leave behind.

Have a great time.

Birgit & Peter

bsftaylorm wrote:

> Caz
    >
    > We're off to Brissie next week for a recon mission (all planned before we got the
    > nod, so we have to concentrate our minds a bit) - I have arranged interviews with
    > recruitment agencies, and we are roping rellies into taking us round property and
    > car lots etc.
    >
    > Also looking at furniture and white goods - pricing them up to see if it's worth
    > selling ours here and then rebuying.
    >
    >
    > Mark & Kelly

cazsue May 3rd 2002 4:56 pm

Hi,

Mark/Kelly,

I'll be moving to Forest Lake, South East or is it South West Brisbane (my hubby would be deeply disappointed)... I've been over three times so far and love the area, already know which school my son will be attending, so that's one less worry.

I am currently in the process of trying to sort out my one way ticket, and am on the countdown for leaving work on the 31st May.

Anyway, enjoy your trip over, hope you have a good flight,

Bye for now

Caz

col May 3rd 2002 6:44 pm

Exellent news Mark and Kelly!!!

Get out there and enjoy!!!!

Col