Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We got our Visas!!!!!

Wikiposts

We got our Visas!!!!!

Old Feb 7th 2005, 3:38 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We got our Visas!!!!!

Congratulations to the Jone's family!!!!!

Well done - have been following your posts, great to hear some good news!

Have a big celebration tonight!

Lynn
Old Feb 7th 2005, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Well done to you all. Hope it all goes well for you
Old Feb 7th 2005, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I can't believe that it's finally happened. We submitted immigration application back 12th March 04.

Flights are booked for the 1st March - very excited but very nervous, mostly about leaving family - isn't everyone?

Afraid didn't keep detailed timeline but it went something like this:

Applied to TRA for 136 Skilled 2003 - got it approved within a couple of weeks.

Immigration Application to Adelaide - 12th March 04
Submitted Medicals/xrays ahead of time - August/Sept 04
Submitted Police Checks - December 1st 04
Asked for Visa to be advanced due to Mrs J pregnancy and needing to fly.
Approved 11th December
Informed by Adelaide Police Checks were 'lost' - 22nd December
New Police Checks sent - Jan 5th 05 by Fedex
Found original Police Checks - 6th Jan 05
Asked for Bond - 14th Jan
Lodged Bond - 14th Jan
Visa Approval - 7th February I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!

Perth here we come

Mrs J

Thats great news many congrats

All the very best

Sue
Old Feb 7th 2005, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robinson Family
Congratulations!!!
We got our visa grant letter today also.
Good Luck
Andrea
Aah fantastic - congrats to you too!!!! Where are you going?
Old Feb 7th 2005, 5:40 am
Merlot

Many congrats & good luck.

Merlot

Old Feb 7th 2005, 5:50 am
Just Joined

mcdst is an unknown quantity at this point

I am delighted for you now that your visas have been granted. It would be good to keep in touch with you and hear how you get on with having your baby over there and registering its birth locally.

We are still hopeful that we will be able to travel in time though we are still working on the bond.

All the best
Claire
Old Feb 7th 2005, 5:52 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Robinson Family
Congratulations!!!
We got our visa grant letter today also.
Good Luck
Andrea
Congratulations to you guys!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 6:44 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by webgum
Congratulations to you guys!
Congratulations on the good news...
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Thanks all for your good wishes.

Good luck to all those still waiting - apparently patience is a virtue!

I can highly recommend Peter Elliott at Wessex Migration - completely unflappable!! [email protected]

Well congratulations on the visa and your patience has finally paid off, good to see a pre july get going.

Good luck to you all

Charlie
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:28 am
Just Joined

COCKNEY SMILER is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant belive it, just got a phone call from Lorraine Beaumont at Go Matilda to say my visa has been granted, have been dreaming about this moment for years, and now it looks like its happening, God guess whos going to Oz..............................I am. and its my birthday tomorrow, crying now....so very very happy.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COCKNEY SMILER
Cant belive it, just got a phone call from Lorraine Beaumont at Go Matilda to say my visa has been granted, have been dreaming about this moment for years, and now it looks like its happening, God guess whos going to Oz..............................I am. and its my birthday tomorrow, crying now....so very very happy.

AAAH, great news, congratulations XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:12 am
Just Joined

AAAH, great news, congratulations XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Noticed that you too are going to settle in Perth, same here, just waiting on the completion date on our place and with a bit of luck we should be there late March, fingers crossed. never flown before but Singapore airlines seem to have a good name....God still cant belive it we are really going.
Lynn and family
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:08 am
toocheeky

Way hey,

big congrats to the Jones Family and Cockneysmiler!

Whereabouts in Perth are you headed?

Karen

Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by toocheeky
Way hey,

big congrats to the Jones Family and Cockneysmiler!

Whereabouts in Perth are you headed?

Karen
Mandurah/Rockingham not sure yet, will rent at first to get the fill of the areas got 8yr old so will have try to get her settled into a school quite quickly dont really want to move about too much, but hey we`re on our way :scared: ........Cant wait
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

If only we knew!! Not constrained by job so going to explore the South West before making a decision. Mr J likes the look of the coast down there, I like the City Suburbs more. Still, as long as we decide before Mid May (when no 2 Jones baby arrives) that's fine by me!!

Keep in touch

Mrs J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.