British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   We are finally off (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we-finally-off-113568/)

Pat Oct 23rd 2002 9:54 am

We are finally off

Well the removal men are downstairs packing the ground floor and will soon be packing up the computer. This will the last time I log on for for a while so thanks to all the people who posted useful advice and tips on this forum. We are off to friends for two days then The Hilton at Heathrow for a couple of nights. Leave for Singapore on Sunday where we have two days at The Raffles Hotel. We arrive in Melbourne on Weds then on Thursday its off to sunny Shepparton and a new life. Good luck to everyone who is still trying to emigrate and don't be put off by some of the notorious whingers (you know who I mean) who are obviously unhappy individuals no matter where thy lived. Now its so close have I had a touch of the second's???. It's true that I have thought more about aspects of UK life I will miss but I asked myself this question. How would I feel if my OZ visa was suddenly withdrawn and I had to stay?. Needless to say I know I am doing the right thing. Anyway good luck everyone and don't give up.

Pat and family

remmie1 Oct 23rd 2002 4:10 pm

Re: We are finally off

Originally posted by Pat:
Well the removal men are downstairs packing the ground floor and will soon be packing up the computer. This will the last time I log on for for a while so thanks to all the people who posted useful advice and tips on this forum. We are off to friends for two days then The Hilton at Heathrow for a couple of nights. Leave for Singapore on Sunday where we have two days at The Raffles Hotel. We arrive in Melbourne on Weds then on Thursday its off to sunny Shepparton and a new life. Good luck to everyone who is still trying to emigrate and don't be put off by some of the notorious whingers (you know who I mean) who are obviously unhappy individuals no matter where thy lived. Now its so close have I had a touch of the second's???. It's true that I have thought more about aspects of UK life I will miss but I asked myself this question. How would I feel if my OZ visa was suddenly withdrawn and I had to stay?. Needless to say I know I am doing the right thing. Anyway good luck everyone and don't give up.

Pat and family

Good luck Pat and family

Hope you get this post before you leave.

If you don't try you'll never know!!

My brother used to play football for Shepparton many moons ago - local paper did some coverage (appararently he and football were like peaches and cream(?!) - he loved it there, was going to move there permanently but wife wouldn't do it - FOOL! He's since remarried - how frustrating!!!!

Have a fantastic time.

Sandra Oct 23rd 2002 4:20 pm

Best of luck

and let us know how it all goes

Cheers

Juls Oct 23rd 2002 7:22 pm

Originally posted by Pat:

Pat and family

Good luck Pat,

We hope it all goes well for you and your family, thanks for the kind words for all of us still waiting....

Regards
Julie & Darren
Adelaide by early 2003