Reload this Page >

We are coming to Adelaide!!

We are coming to Adelaide!!

Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:37 am
Just Joined

kiltedscot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We are coming to Adelaide!!

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
We hope to be in Adelaide and day now () and if we're not too far, I'll come for a round of golf. Where have you played and what are they like?

Hello to all in Adelaide,
Cheers,
Cooler
normally play out at Willunga but not been out for a month. Got on the bike to get into shape for the summer, lol. lots of good courses. When you get here?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:08 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiltedscot
normally play out at Willunga but not been out for a month. Got on the bike to get into shape for the summer, lol. lots of good courses. When you get here?
Hi,
were here now in Seaford Rise. OH and I only played ten holes as I got a phonecall asking me to come for an interview. It was pretty hot so we got a buggy. That was Willunga and it was nice what we played but have been told that the back nine are harder.

Get into shape, hmm, OH has joined a gym but I'm the one who needs to work out!

PM me if you fancy a game sometime.

Cheers,
Cooler
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 4:19 am
Just Joined

mrsoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there .....welcome to Adelaide , I hope you enjoy it here it
Originally Posted by scotsnurse
Hi people.

We are from Scotland, are coming to Adelaide in the next month or so. I am a nurse, and have a job organised. Just at the point of waiting for our visa now.
is a really great place. We are living in the Clare Valley very nice and what area of adelaide are you guys going to live?

Would just like to say hi to you folks in Adelaide, or those of you who are going there too.

We are so excited, and can't wait to get out there. Would like to meet and chat with people in a similiar situation to ourselves. Please say HI!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

marcdes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peter,

thanks for your message.

I could possible bring over some irn-bru (subject to luggage weight) for you but i think i would struggle with the Tenants Velvet and Haggis.

It would be good to meet up for a beverage.

What team do you support in Scotland? I am originally from Loch Lomond and lived in Dumbarton for the first 10 years of my life.

Regards

Marc
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

gingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nice
Smile Re: We are coming to Adelaide!!

Hey, me and my OH have decided to move to adelaide in june next year just wondering if there is any places to get irn bru (cause thats going to be a major addictions to get over!) and also are there any real football/soccer teams that are decent to watch on internet i can only find AFL which i'll go watch and try and get into but i do love my footie!

Is everyone thats moved there found it easy to meet people and make friends that you can go out with etc? Its just me and him(!) no kids to help break the ice with people and just nervous about friends etc.

By the way the chat from everyone on the forums about adelaide have been great very informative and helpful and everyone sounds really friendly and happy and thats part of the reason it swayed me to pick adelaide over other places...just thought you should know how nice you all sound!

Lindsay
Old Nov 28th 2009, 5:53 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Theres an expensive lolly shop (sweet shop) in glenelg that sells iron bru - got 2 bottles for 10bux nailed it with vodka and had a fab time
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

akat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Adelaidians,

Howz it going so far in ADL? We plan to be there last week of December till about Jan 2nd week!

Any meetups/parties during that time?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

They sell Irn BRu in Hallett Cove foodland for $2.50
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:27 am
Just Joined

kiltedscot is on a distinguished road

Yea you wont have a problem gettingIrn bru. There are now a few of the shops (Coles) stocking it if you know what one to go to. Also just found a butchers at Hackem that has great square sausage and black pudding.
Treated myself to four cans of Kilkenny the other night, $16, to make up for the lack of Velvet. There are cheaper options when it comes to beer though.
Watch out for the auld firm results but i guess i should be supporting my home team, Ayr United but it`s to depressing, lol. Play a bit of golf but at the moment back out on my bike trying to get fit for the Tour Downunder Bike ride of 100kms.
As for missing football you can get Foxtel (sky) but i started going to the Aussie Rules games ( C`mon the Crows) and really enjoy it, with a beer or 2 of course. you can also get behind Adelaide United , by God they need it this year, if you want some football action.
Peter, Eliz and the 2 boys
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:06 am
Just Joined

gingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nicegingerlindz is just really nice

Had a wee look at adelaide united it looks like it'll be like supportiong my own team falkirk! stuck at the bottom of the league so i should be able to cope with that!!! I need to try get the rules for aussie footy, although i have heard there aren't many rules...
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:24 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerlindz
Had a wee look at adelaide united it looks like it'll be like supportiong my own team falkirk! stuck at the bottom of the league so i should be able to cope with that!!! I need to try get the rules for aussie footy, although i have heard there aren't many rules...
Aye, we were there last Friday with a few mates and it wasn't great.

Auusie No Rules!

Cooler
Old Mar 13th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

scotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant future

Just to let everyone know, we have PR now.

We came to SA 7 months ago on 457, and now have PR.

So, to all you guys in the process, it will happen, just have faith.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yenajisjaney
hi we are from somerset..i am looking this house on the interent for rent at fulham gardens..anyfeedback on this area is higly appreciated..thanks
Hi I'm from Adelaide.Yes Fulham Gardens is a fine area to live in.Quite close proximity to the city ect.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

yenajisjaney is an unknown quantity at this point

good on u m8, we are starting but have to undergo another medicals..etc....

Originally Posted by scotsnurse
Just to let everyone know, we have PR now.
we came to SA 7 months ago on 457, and now have PR.

So, to all you guys in the process, it will happen, just have faith.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

scotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yenajisjaney
good on u m8, we are starting but have to undergo another medicals..etc....
It is a pain, all the time, energy and MONEY, but you will get there.

And it is worth it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.