Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BE: Are we chasing away...?

BE: Are we chasing away...?

Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:56 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BE: Are we chasing away...?

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
don't worry I'll be gentle..we're both expats only we moved to different continents......let me tell you something....after a while when it rains, you get homesick! you don't really believe it rains a lot in Britain until you leave

Hmmm good idea for a thread......stay tuned..
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:57 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Thats right. Put on Jay Leno, or Conan O'brien if its that late, curl up in bed. Nothing to see here...
:scared: huh?? h h h how do you know about Conan? :scared:
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:05 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: huh?? h h h how do you know about Conan? :scared:

Shooosh now. Don't worry about me and Conan. Its late, go to bed. Look into my eyes, not around the eyes, in the eyes... sllllleeeeeeepppp
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:14 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Shooosh now. Don't worry about me and Conan. Its late, go to bed. Look into my eyes, not around the eyes, in the eyes... sllllleeeeeeepppp
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:15 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Nice work ADL...not many left now......who's next ?
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:19 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, this thread went in a whole different direction to the OP! Another successful hijack, me thinks.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Nice work ADL...not many left now......who's next ?

We are all set then? 3pm new threads in the lounge about whatever takes your mind(aussie themed but international enough to stop them getting shifted back here?)

I'll go crashing in anyway. A beating on a dogs life is hobby of the lounge. It would be fun to take over for a while.

(Bloody timtam chocolate, its just not the same, I wonder if they have the same problem in the US, why don't the just import Penguin biscuits from the UK)
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:42 am
Absinthe Minded

We are all set then? 3pm new threads in the lounge about whatever takes your mind(aussie themed but international enough to stop them getting shifted back here?)

I'll go crashing in anyway. A beating on a dogs life is hobby of the lounge. It would be fun to take over for a while.

(Bloody timtam chocolate, its just not the same, I wonder if they have the same problem in the US, why don't the just import Penguin biscuits from the UK)
Lol...wait for it, wait for it !
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:43 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'm slapping on the camoflauge, ready for the move over the top, as I type.

Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:46 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Crikey, this thread went in a whole different direction to the OP! Another successful hijack, me thinks.
Sure has GG.

I just want to say the Lounge is fine.
Like this forum it serves a purpose.
Like this forum you like it or leave it.......the choice is yours.

They are not Aus-haters.....no way.

It is very different in style and the way it has developed in comparison to here, but who is to say it's right or wrong ?

Again it comes back to personal choice.
If I had more time I would be in the Lounge much more but as it is I spend the majority of my available time here in this one.

Yes you definitely need thick skin and I have known a few lovely people get hurt in there when their defenses were vulnerable for whatever reason.

What's the saying "If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen". I don't mean that in a derogatory way.......I just mean if it's not to your liking then don't venture there.

I don't think a few individuals should expect a whole forum to change it's ways because they don't like it. The majority rules - okay....that's life.

You have to remember why the Lounge was created in the first place. This forum was full of complaints about the incessant banter that occurred on almost every thread started.......and the consequent hijacking that took place. (yes, I was a culprit)

The Mods created the Lounge so we could chinwag about all and sundry nonsense without interfering with this one. Maybe a similar thing was happening in the other country forums too as the Lounge soon filled up with perceived delinquents from across the globe. It evolved from that point to what it is today and I say again it serves a purpose.

I think the overall balance on this forum is pretty good and believe me you wouldn't want to revert to what it was like before the Lounge was created.

Hail to the Lounge......the saviour of BE forum sanity.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:59 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Agreed, Bix. Like I said in an earlier post, personally speaking, I find the lounge dwellers to be welcoming and friendly. And a number of regulars in there are Aus posters - Walla, Debs, Un-Co to name a few. I put the invasion down to Friday afternoon boredom. You don't fancy an assault rifle of your own? Or would you prefer a jar or two in the Docile Trollp?

Originally Posted by Bix
Sure has GG.

It is very different in style and the way it has developed in comparison to here, but who is to say it's right or wrong ?

If I had more time I would be in the Lounge much more but as it is I spend the majority of my available time here in this one.

Yes you definitely need thick skin and I have known a few lovely people get hurt in there when their defenses were vulnerable for whatever reason.

What's the saying "If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen". I don't mean that in a derogatory way.......I just mean if it's not to your liking then don't venture there.

I don't think a few individuals should expect a whole forum to change it's ways because they don't like it. The majority rules - okay....that's life.

You have to remember why the Lounge was created in the first place. This forum was full of complaints about the incessant banter that occurred on almost every thread started.......and the consequent hijacking that took place. (yes, I was a culprit)

The Mods created the Lounge so we could chinwag about all and sundry nonsense without interfering with this one. Maybe a similar thing was happening in the other country forums too as the Lounge soon filled up with perceived delinquents from across the globe. It evolved from that point to what it is today and I say again it serves a purpose.

I think the overall balance on this forum is pretty good and believe me you wouldn't want to revert to what it was like before the Lounge was created.

Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Sure has GG.

You're getting awfully profound these days. Are you going to start talking about amoebas again?

Its a Friday afternoon, I'm getting greased up for a raid on the lounge!

Go on Bix!, drop the profundity for an afternoon, join in!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Bix, join in the fun!

I also going to do a few (or maybe one..) photo thread.

It'll drive Ray bonkers, for sure He doesn't like my boring photo's, he he!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Agreed, Bix. Like I said in an earlier post, personally speaking, I find the lounge dwellers to be welcoming and friendly. And a number of regulars in there are Aus posters - Walla, Debs, Un-Co to name a few. I put the invasion down to Friday afternoon boredom. You don't fancy an assault rifle of your own? Or would you prefer a jar or two in the Docile Trollp?
Correct GG.

I'm all for the "invasion" as the humour will be apreciated by many in the Lounge, but be ready if a few fire back with both barrels with a humour that some may not be accustomed to.

BUT don't go in there with the attitude they are Aus-haters as that is not true and would lead to a messy situation.

....and sorry, no, I can't come out to play as my lunch break is just finishing.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:06 am
Absinthe Minded

Who else is in to readjust the US-centricity of the lounge debates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.