Reload this Page >

BE: Are we chasing away...?

BE: Are we chasing away...?

Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:11 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: BE: Are we chasing away...?

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Think they are just busy
I have seen ABCDiamond posting loads recently.
Claire
x
Thanks for noticing me

Had me a bit worried, I though i'd gone invisible ( or someone was just reading my future mind!! )

Made me check how little I have been posting recently, and it came as quite a surprise.
My average posting since I joined this site is 12.8 posts per day, BUT, my average for the last 7 days (excluding yesterday) is 23 posts per day !! :scared: Thats reason enough to consider cutting down, even without any other factors.

Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:28 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

People naturally drift away because once you have things set up in Aus, you don't have the need for the site that you did in the early stages - there aren't the questions. And once you know the answers, having gone through the process, you can't always be bothered answering the same questions again and again - these things are cyclical; as people join, they'll ask questions that have been asked before. But it's not fair to point them to old (out of date?) threads - and doing so would kill the forum. That's why things then get to a chatty level. Scaring of newbies though - depends on whether they're new or not! On the whole, I think the Aus forum is quite trusting and prepared to take people at face value. Much less cynical than the lounge. But they're nice in there too - friendly and welcoming once you get to know them!

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I made a similar point last week in the 'lounge' forum. Not so much about old timers leaving, but the regulars scaring off newbies. They didn't take it too well.

The forum(s) need new blood as others drift away. So scaring off new posters at the start isn't too smart. But try telling that to some of the wise guys in the lounge and see what happens. (In my case a ridiculous amount of Karma, and a 4 day ban )

Its only natural people drift away. So new posters are always required. At least the Oz forum is alot more welcoming than certain others, and that probably explains why its the liveliest.

ADL
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:41 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie George
People naturally drift away because once you have things set up in Aus, you don't have the need for the site that you did in the early stages - there aren't the questions. And once you know the answers, having gone through the process, you can't always be bothered answering the same questions again and again - these things are cyclical; as people join, they'll ask questions that have been asked before. But it's not fair to point them to old (out of date?) threads - and doing so would kill the forum. That's why things then get to a chatty level. Scaring of newbies though - depends on whether they're new or not! On the whole, I think the Aus forum is quite trusting and prepared to take people at face value. Much less cynical than the lounge. But they're nice in there too - friendly and welcoming once you get to know them!
I agree the 'lounge' is a very cynical place. Its hugely different to this forum. You need a thick skin and a sense of humour radar in the lounge. I wouldn't recommend it to any new posters. Which is a shame.

Its nice and warm and fuzzy here compared to the lounge

(and much less chance of getting banned again )
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:49 am

gedge has disabled reputation

I agree the 'lounge' is a very cynical place. Its hugely different to this forum. You need a thick skin and a sense of humour radar in the lounge. I wouldn't recommend it to any new posters. Which is a shame.

Its nice and warm and fuzzy here compared to the lounge

(and much less chance of getting banned again )
The Oz forum is a veritable eden compared to the lounge. I wander in every now and then and wonder why. You can earn some fast karma but just as easily earn a few veiled threats or life long enemies. There's some unwritten initiation before you get noticed/accepted. After my last bout in there I went off line for 10 days. Sometimes thick skin ain't enough.

Agree with Bix and GG about what goes on in here though. I's just a reflection on the real life that we are all living.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
The Oz forum is a veritable eden compared to the lounge. I wander in every now and then and wonder why. You can earn some fast karma but just as easily earn a few veiled threats or life long enemies. There's some unwritten initiation before you get noticed/accepted. After my last bout in there I went off line for 10 days. Sometimes thick skin ain't enough.

Agree with Bix and GG about what goes on in here though. I's just a reflection on the real life that we are all living.

There is also an 'anti-Oz' sentiment in the lounge. I think its all the other forum users bitter about how quiet their respective forums are, so they all hang out in the lounge and trounce any Oz posters.

Its just a warning to new users, you might be suprised at the abuse you get in the lounge. (and then get banned for 'abuse' )
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:10 am

There is also an 'anti-Oz' sentiment in the lounge. I think its all the other forum users bitter about how quiet their respective forums are, so they all hang out in the lounge and trounce any Oz posters.

Its just a warning to new users, you might be suprised at the abuse you get in the lounge. (and then get banned for 'abuse' )
I once described it as the 'b*stard' US forum. It's where the US posters go to let off steam without fear of being sued
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:18 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Aus posters could mount a lounge invasion?

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
I once described it as the 'b*stard' US forum. It's where the US posters go to let off steam without fear of being sued
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:24 am

That did occur to me. I'm thinking time zones here. So, we could do a US night raid, when they are all asleep. Fifty new threads about AFL, Rugby League, Marmite, Tim Tams, the price of lettuce, sun cream, spiders, BBQs and so on

Sounds like a plan
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:27 am
Cup of tea, Father?

I'll bring the bandages!

Count me in, as soon as I get back from this meeting - sometime after lunch. Damn work getting in the way of my fun.

That did occur to me. I'm thinking time zones here. So, we could do a US night raid, when they are all asleep. Fifty new threads about AFL, Rugby League, Marmite, Tim Tams, the price of lettuce, sun cream, spiders, BBQs and so on

Sounds like a plan
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:38 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
No.

The forum is an amoeba that continues to flow and ebb like a tide.

One minute there is the cry of how boring the forum is getting; the next there is near anarchy as everyone seems to get the wap. Then we have the love in periods and also the frivolous times.

It goes through ever repetative phases and noone can really schedule this into nice even amounts of each category. Take what you like, leave what you don't.

The people make the forum, the people make the posts........so it moves at the pace and to the tune of those people.

The people may change but the forum goes on and invariably it mirrors what has gone before.
cor that's beautiful that is , almost brought a tear to my eye...and I never even saw the word bone! I never usually come in here and now I'm glad I did karma tomorrow when it's worth something
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:41 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

gasp!! I'm telling!!!

I do both the U.S and the Lounge and I'm lovely I am ...though I admit it's quiet of late ...that's why I snuck in here....I didn't even have to show me passport!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:43 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like a plan

What time's the rendezous.?...I'll synchronise my watch...
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:54 am

Against the odds? Risking life and limb?

I'll do it!

Just going to get a sarni first.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Del Boy
What time's the rendezous.?...I'll synchronise my watch...

Lets go for 3pm EST. And I bagsy the 'quality of chocolate in tim tams' thread
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:02 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Lets go for 3pm EST. And I bagsy the 'quality of chocolate in tim tams' thread
Damn !!!!

well, I'm not getting stuck with lettuces !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.