Reload this Page >

Are we chancing it?!

Are we chancing it?!

Old May 28th 2003, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are we chancing it?!

Hi there

We are going off to NZ in September. We have applied for our WHV's and should get them back in a week or so. Not sure if my partner will get his WHV as he is just over 30 but I should be ok.

We are hoping that we can transfer our WHV into a work visa then try and get residence eventually.

We are going to sell our house and just go for it! Do you think we are mad or is what we are trying to do acheivable?

We went on a WHV to Oz last year and vsisted NZ for a month and we rented our house out whilst we were away but this time we just want to try and settle somewhere long term.

Hopefully wont be back in 12mths with nowt but our cases!
Old May 28th 2003, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are we chancing it?!

We may end up doing something similar but I reckon it's worth the risk. Don't know how things stand regarding the visa side of things though but I guess you've looked into it.

Yeah, do it!......and if it goes 'tits up' let us know before we head out! Nice one!

No, you'll be fine if your that determined, you'll only regret not doing it otherwise.

Gra...
Old May 29th 2003, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by millertime
Hi there

We are going off to NZ in September. We have applied for our WHV's and should get them back in a week or so. Not sure if my partner will get his WHV as he is just over 30 but I should be ok.

We are hoping that we can transfer our WHV into a work visa then try and get residence eventually.

We are going to sell our house and just go for it! Do you think we are mad or is what we are trying to do acheivable?

We went on a WHV to Oz last year and vsisted NZ for a month and we rented our house out whilst we were away but this time we just want to try and settle somewhere long term.

Hopefully wont be back in 12mths with nowt but our cases!
Whats the worst thing that can happen? You come back home(or go elsewhere), a lot wiser.

Go for it, nowt to lose
Old May 29th 2003, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks both for the gee up! Know we will def be doing it, its just the selling the house thing that makes me think...oh shit!

Oh well about 3 months and counting!
Old May 29th 2003, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Stevandiane is an unknown quantity at this point

But if u sell the house - the capital u get from that will be invested in the property u decide to purchase in NZ- So if it does go "t*ts up" in NZ as quoted by Gra. B you'll just sell up there and have some capital to go somewhere else with !!

I say u gotta go for it too - Cos if u don't u would surely regret it !!!

Good luck - And I'm sure it'll work out - If ur deteremind u'll make it work anyway !!

Old May 29th 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Stevandiane
But if u sell the house - the capital u get from that will be invested in the property u decide to purchase in NZ- So if it does go "t*ts up" in NZ as quoted by Gra. B you'll just sell up there and have some capital to go somewhere else with !!

I say u gotta go for it too - Cos if u don't u would surely regret it !!!

Good luck - And I'm sure it'll work out - If ur deteremind u'll make it work anyway !!

We have just been looking at websites for estate agents in NZ and saying how much more we would get for our money!

We have come to far with our plans to back out now and we know we would be sat here in 5 years time thinking...if only....

Going to try and find out more info on mortgages and buying in NZ.

Cheers!