Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We can go to Australia and be magnamious in victory..

We can go to Australia and be magnamious in victory..

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 11:35 am
Badge

Default We can go to Australia and be magnamious in victory..

eh?

Imagining being ridiculed at every corner if England had lost. We can now go and live in our chosen country and enjoy the victory with a knowing, silent smile, and of course, 'well played Australia'.

Badge

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We can go to Australia and be magnamious in victory..

Originally posted by badgersmount
eh?

Imagining being ridiculed at every corner if England had lost. We can now go and live in our chosen country and enjoy the victory with a knowing, silent smile, and of course, 'well played Australia'.

Badge
You KNOW how much we deserved that Badgers! Enjoy the bacon sarnies.........Arise Sir Jonny!!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXX
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 11:40 am
Badge

Can the Queen announce it NOW?

Knighthoods for

a) clive
b) johnny
c) johnson

the old timers d) dally-go (faithful, if now past his sale-by-date ball carrier)

and back and hill.

AT LEAST

or - lets see the whole squad get MBEs.

glad to see Leonard, Catt and Grayson achieve a result.

Badge

love you too mate

xx

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We've had a fantastic morning.

Went round to the neighbours (4 sets of neighbours).

Had a good fry up for brekky, watched the match, drank bucks fizz and guiness and celebrated like and idiot when we beat the ozzies.

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 2:52 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

i really wish i'd gone through this application process a year or two ago and i was there now!!! i'd be in heaven! haha.. oh well.

i've justed watched the full replay on itv2 and enjoyed the game a lot more the second time knowing we'd win in the end.... that drop goal was the stuff that dreams are made of. brilliant!

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 2:53 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Can the Queen announce it NOW?

Knighthoods for

a) clive
b) johnny
c) johnson

the old timers d) dally-go (faithful, if now past his sale-by-date ball carrier)

and back and hill.

AT LEAST

or - lets see the whole squad get MBEs.

glad to see Leonard, Catt and Grayson achieve a result.

Badge

love you too mate

xx
if not the whole team then a,b,c for definite! they'll have to do something for them shirley?
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 8:51 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

eh?

Badge
There were some sore losers out last night. Apparantly as I am a resident I cannot be happy about the win and it was all JW. I only wish they were joking but I think the bloke wanted a fight.

There were also plenty of good losers around and plenty of happy Kiwis.

What did you all reckon of John Howards emotions when handing out the medals. He looked like he was at a funeral.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I heard that John Howard was being roundly booed every time his name was mentioned or his face appeared on a screen. Still typical bloody convict, sore losers !

We were watching it live at 4 am in the USA, the roar that went up from me & my American fiancee when Sir John slotted the winner woke up most of the East Coast.

Next time some bloody Yank asks me if I am an Australian I can point out that no, my country are the world champions !

Swing Low Sweet Chariot