Reload this Page >

Are we being ripped off

Are we being ripped off

Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

bretang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are we being ripped off

Hi All,
This company is a total ripp off and all the stunts they pull with check this and check that brings back bad memorys. We used this company and they were so clever in the way they sucked money out of you. The plan a and b stunt which rubs salt in the wounds even now. There should be something done about there tactics in which it seemed that you got charged some months for the fact they sent you a bill for the letter they have sent you with the bill statement printed on it (lol). We dreaded the post man coming half way into the process and the wife got upset a few times with the bills. I even sent emails and spoke to the agent to try and get a true cost but they said after the next stage just a few hours and that was it. If any of you are in the early stages cut your losses and run you will get lead up the garden path to get what you finally want. I am that worked up i think i need a drink to calm me down again. We need to apply for a seperate visa due to my wife is expecting again and we have already validated by the looks of it. So i will give it a go myself this time just so i can keep what hair is left still there at the end and save on costs etc.

Bye Brett
Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bosshogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bretang
Hi All,
This company is a total ripp off and all the stunts they pull with check this and check that brings back bad memorys. We used this company and they were so clever in the way they sucked money out of you. The plan a and b stunt which rubs salt in the wounds even now. There should be something done about there tactics in which it seemed that you got charged some months for the fact they sent you a bill for the letter they have sent you with the bill statement printed on it (lol). We dreaded the post man coming half way into the process and the wife got upset a few times with the bills. I even sent emails and spoke to the agent to try and get a true cost but they said after the next stage just a few hours and that was it. If any of you are in the early stages cut your losses and run you will get lead up the garden path to get what you finally want. I am that worked up i think i need a drink to calm me down again. We need to apply for a seperate visa due to my wife is expecting again and we have already validated by the looks of it. So i will give it a go myself this time just so i can keep what hair is left still there at the end and save on costs etc.

Bye Brett
That's so funny you should say that. We dreaded the postman coming and I am now on my third pint this evening as all the bad memories come flooding back.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Bosshogg is an unknown quantity at this point

To you guys interested in this thread. I have just made a reply to another thread titled "helping hand from down under" on the New Zealand and Australia Immigration Forum. Have a read and see if you agree with my reply as this agent is referring to this and similar threads.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jon&kate
someone has already guessed our agent!!!!!!

RE: WORK RECORDED ON YOUR FILE

As a valued client, we write in relation to the work recorded on your file to date. As this refers to an administrative matter you have not incurred any cost for this letter.

On the 14th March, we confirmed your instructions regarding the engagement of our services to assist in the lodgement of your Immigration application to Australia. You engaged our services under Plan B of our fee schedule which estimates a fee range of £2,500 - £3,900 plus tax and all extra costs.

We advised you on the 20th October that you were upgrading to a Plan C, which estimates a fee range of £3,400 - £4,800 plus tax and all extra costs. As at 8th November, a total fee of £4,660.22 (exclusive of tax and additional costs) has been charged on your file. An invoice for the most recent charges will be raised and forwarded to you shortly bringing your total to £6,246.44 plus tax and additional costs.
The main reason for the extra work being carried out on your file has been due to the following reasons:

Correspondence with you regarding obtaining detailed work referenced for your TRA application
Discussions with you regarding sponsorship by Mrs xxxxx brother and the requirements
Correspondence with you regarding other visa options for migration
Research into State sponsorship and list of occupations in demand in certain States
Correspondence with you regarding lodging and review of ACT State sponsorship
Discussion s with you regarding current work reference for DIMA
Finalizing and arranging to lodge DIMA application.

However, as the majority of the work on your file has now been completed we can expect that approximately 6 - 10 more hours (£960- £1,600 plus tax and all additional costs) may be required to completely finalise and lodge your DIMA application.

In the event that DIMA requests additional documentation or information in relation to your health or other specific requests, it is likely that additional time would be recorded on your file assisting you in this regard. Please also note as previously advised that our professional obligations as Migration Agents require us to make regular checks on all files and time will be recorded on your file for these checks.

We believe it is important to acquaint you with the situation to allow you to make an informed decision in light of all relevant information.

As it is this company’s objective to ensure that you are entirely satisfied with the service you have received we suggest that if there are any issues you are concerned about, you address your concerns to our client care and compliance department. This department is available via and we assure you that any issues you may have will be handled in a fair and objective way.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Unless we hear from you to the contrary within two working days, your consultant will continue to work on your file and you will be invoiced accordingly.

I bet i am a valued customer as im keeping them in business.Thing is the person dealing with our application has been good it's the company that is the problem.
When i started reading this post, i would have put my money on it being the rip-off bureau. Same thing happened to us and i would not recommend them to anyone. The only good things that happened was we have become great mates with others on here who got ripped off as well and we now live in OZ, but i would avoid them like the plague if you can. Good luck Quill.

Last edited by karenjc; Dec 15th 2006 at 11:23 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

ours was also 3000k all in so yours does sound way over the top.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:14 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm.... I forsee a follow up thread entitled "Debt in the UK".

Just kidding of course although stranger things have happened.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:03 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Oz wannabe1] am with O.E. in Scotland so I think they have looked after me quite well.

QUOTE]

Our daughter and son in law used O. E. and they were top gear. Also met Richard Gregan and spoke a number of times...nice guy.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:25 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Vinny van Gogh]
Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
am with O.E. in Scotland so I think they have looked after me quite well.

QUOTE]

Our daughter and son in law used O. E. and they were top gear. Also met Richard Gregan and spoke a number of times...nice guy.
have just got another bill for over £1000 incliding £63 for a 2 minute call they made to me.I have sent e-mail saying i will be contacting MARA.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=jon&kate]
Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
have just got another bill for over £1000 incliding £63 for a 2 minute call they made to me.I have sent e-mail saying i will be contacting MARA.
Give them hell guys.

I have just completed my meds and waiting for police clearance.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your application

Have a great Christmas and New Year.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:40 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Oz wannabe1]

Give them hell guys.

I have just completed my meds and waiting for police clearance.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your application

Have a great Christmas and New Year.
you to
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:43 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jon&kate]
Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Can I suggest that you inform them that you will contact trading standards as well since they operate within the UK. Probably hold more weight for the UK operation.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=jon&kate]
you to

When you get your visa (and I am sure you will), where are you heading for?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:46 am
jon&a mp;kate

[QUOTE=Oz wannabe1]

When you get your visa (and I am sure you will), where are you heading for?
Canberra
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:47 am
jon&a mp;kate

[QUOTE=Centurion]
Can I suggest that you inform them that you will contact trading standards as well since they operate within the UK. Probably hold more weight for the UK operation.
Thing that did worry me was that if we complianed it would hamper our visa but it has become a joke so had not alteranative but to state my case to them.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=jon&kate]
Canberra
Fantastic!!! Not been but heard lots of good news. Then again it's Oz I only ever hear good news.

Best of British with everything. T.T.F.N

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.