Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are we allowed ??? ....

Are we allowed ??? ....

Old May 4th 2006, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Are we allowed ??? ....

Hi folks,does anybody know (please be online Wendy ) if we can still holiday in Australia (tourist E.T.A 90 day Visa) and have a P/R 136 Visa going through the system with DIMIA ?? if not,why? ....all the best Simon.
Old May 4th 2006, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are we allowed ??? ....

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hi folks,does anybody know (please be online Wendy ) if we can still holiday in Australia (tourist E.T.A 90 day Visa) and have a P/R 136 Visa going through the system with DIMIA ?? if not,why? ....all the best Simon.

Hi, you called

You can do it, BUT you need to be very careful as a holiday visa can cancel your PR visa if it is issued after your PR one.

Also DIMA can not issue your PR visa if you are onshore.

What you need to do is e-mail or phone DIMA and tell them about your plans BEFORE you try to get a ETA visa. That way they can advise you when they are ready to grant your visa and you can leave Australia for them to be able to grant it. This can be a short trip to New Zealand or you can return home.

If you are at the beginning of your application it shouldn't be too hard to do, but if you are near the end then you would probably be best waiting.
Old May 4th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Hello Wend,thanks for youre reply...Hmmm tricky.The thing is we hope to move out mid-end June our agent has told us it could be up till Aug that we have to wait for a reply from DIMIA(thats max I think) so between June/Aug we'd be hanging around spending money and wasteing(do I drop the e ??) time in the UK.So I had the idea of going to Oz to start our bits and pieces over there on a E.T.A in June and holiday there until Aug time then return to the UK (we have a big family wedding in Sept that we were hoping to attend) and we then hope to know more about the Visa in Aug ? does that sound right??
Old May 4th 2006, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hello Wend,thanks for youre reply...Hmmm tricky.The thing is we hope to move out mid-end June our agent has told us it could be up till Aug that we have to wait for a reply from DIMIA(thats max I think) so between June/Aug we'd be hanging around spending money and wasteing(do I drop the e ??) time in the UK.So I had the idea of going to Oz to start our bits and pieces over there on a E.T.A in June and holiday there until Aug time then return to the UK (we have a big family wedding in Sept that we were hoping to attend) and we then hope to know more about the Visa in Aug ? does that sound right??

Sounds like a plan to me, but make sure you tell DIMA you will be in Oz as they can't grant your visa while you are onshore. Get your agent to do it for you.
Old May 4th 2006, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks sweatheart I'll work on it.
Old May 28th 2006, 3:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi, you called

You can do it, BUT you need to be very careful as a holiday visa can cancel your PR visa if it is issued after your PR one.

Since 1 July 2002 ETAs cannot cancel PR visas, but a regular holiday visa can!