Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WDU - Revisited.

WDU - Revisited.

Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:41 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default WDU - Revisited.

Don't know what you all think, I'm only halfway through it, had sky+'d it. It seems alot of repetition. I remember the family - so that's good, I'm just desperate to get to the good bit (ie what happened to the family).
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WDU - Revisited.

Originally Posted by Lyx
Don't know what you all think, I'm only halfway through it, had sky+'d it. It seems alot of repetition. I remember the family - so that's good, I'm just desperate to get to the good bit (ie what happened to the family).
Where about in Oz is it?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:56 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Was the butcher and his family who moved to Perth, 3 years later he's a policeman in Kalgoorlie!!! It's a big change. Fab ending, but still got 10 mins to watch.

Last edited by Lyx; Feb 1st 2010 at 10:02 am.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:19 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

What a great bloke...but why can't his dad go over to visit? I couldn't work that out, especially as it was so obvious they missed each other terribly

What a waste of the first 30 mins of the programme though, more or less repeating the WDU episode
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Ooh Ooh which series is being re-visited,and is it a current televisation(spelling)?I am hooked from South Africa!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:25 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JenniGee
What a great bloke...but why can't his dad go over to visit? I couldn't work that out, especially as it was so obvious they missed each other terribly

I know, it brought a tear to my eye at the end.
What a waste of the first 30 mins of the programme though, more or less repeating the WDU episode
I know LOL but think of all that extra editing involved in swapping swahalii's voice for Nikki's
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:29 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shirlw
Ooh Ooh which series is being re-visited,and is it a current televisation(spelling)?I am hooked from South Africa!
it was on BBC 1 this morning. It was filmed about 3 years ago and was one of the first ones I think. Self employed Butcher, wife and 2 little ones went to Perth to work in the Italian (i think) community. You'll remember it if you saw it. If not don't worry as they basically repeated the whole original episode at the start of the programme. Its on everyday for next 2 weeks, NZ tomorrow, QLD on wed.
Sad me!!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lyx
it was on BBC 1 this morning. It was filmed about 3 years ago and was one of the first ones I think. Self employed Butcher, wife and 2 little ones went to Perth to work in the Italian (i think) community. You'll remember it if you saw it. If not don't worry as they basically repeated the whole original episode at the start of the programme. Its on everyday for next 2 weeks, NZ tomorrow, QLD on wed.
Sad me!!
Making the most of it before you fly off then ?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:45 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shirlw
Making the most of it before you fly off then ?
Ha. I wish, not got flights booked yet, I'm back on the 12 hour shifts trying to fund the move.
I must admit tho, I'm loving the free time, don't know why I ever came off them. And good to get ward experience again - it is like riding a bike lol.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Matt and Kyra are good friends of mine. They are a lovely couple and deserve every bit of happiness they have. They are enjoying life in Kal and embracing all the country life has to offer. They will be delighted to know that people liked their programme.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
Matt and Kyra are good friends of mine. They are a lovely couple and deserve every bit of happiness they have. They are enjoying life in Kal and embracing all the country life has to offer. They will be delighted to know that people liked their programme.
My wife thought they seemed like such an amazing couple and I was impressed at the changes Matt made to be with his kid's more. What a fantastic family.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

I really liked Mondays revisited - a big to the family just a shame about the friends and family bit at the end, I think you'll always miss people but I got the impression a scab had been ripped off a still healing wound there.

Todays one, well didn't seem like the daughter and Dan??? loved each other as much as planned - a good point for future families with teenage daughters who have boyfriends - let it not be their reason for staying in the UK.
Mind you she's now got a very pretty daughter of her own and a life of their own, who knows she might decide in the future to go over there or just go for holidays, thats the only problem with teenagers they're at a turning point in they're lives where they could go anywhere and move they're life in any direction and you have to just let them go

Wish them the best of luck
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:59 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I just found it all a bit upsetting I'm afraid...maybe because it brought some of my own fears to life if I'm being honest.

Being realistic, I couldn't ever leave my 16 year old behind with a baby & I can tell that the lady in the programme was so torn & upset with the way her daughter's life had turned... she must have had all those hopes & dreams for her & now they were dashed...but, whatever the parents think, kids do have to find their own way in life eventually...why do they insist on making it more difficult for themselves though???
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I just found it all a bit upsetting I'm afraid...maybe because it brought some of my own fears to life if I'm being honest.

Being realistic, I couldn't ever leave my 16 year old behind with a baby & I can tell that the lady in the programme was so torn & upset with the way her daughter's life had turned... she must have had all those hopes & dreams for her & now they were dashed...but, whatever the parents think, kids do have to find their own way in life eventually...why do they insist on making it more difficult for themselves though???
Because you can give kids all the advice in the world but they need to find they're own way and make they're own mistakes, never said it was easy and I'm dreading when my eldest is 16 he's a handful now at coming up for 12.
My parents were different with us though so maybe I see it as inevitable that sooner or later each one will go they're own way and maybe that will be thousands of miles away.
Whats to say the daughter in todays one wouldn't meet someone and in 3 years he gets a job offer in Canada? So if they stayed for they're daughter she could move away somewhere in the future anyway.
I just assume when all my kids have moved out and i find it hard I need to go out and buy a dog - cause lets face it they never move out and are with you til they die or you part company ! I already have a cat but she's not very demanding so I doubt it would fill the void.

I'm not heartless I know those little tiny fingers wrapped tightly round yours fromt he day they're born grow each day and get more and more independant, always your babies though.
I think the mum dealt with it as well as she could and i'm pleased she' not putting off they're plans.

Roll on tomorrow
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lyx
I also thought it was too repetative, there wasn't really any need to go into so much detail again. The family seemed lovely and he obviously was very happy with his career change and was looking to the future doing his 2 rural years now whilst the kids are still young.

I V+ it and I think I fast forwarded until about 32-34 mins before you actually got to see where they are now

Let's hope they don't do any re-visited where they stay in the UK or that will be a total waste of an hour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.