British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   ? way to post skills assessment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/way-post-skills-assessment-108327/)

yvsie May 14th 2002 8:25 pm

whats the best way to post skills assessment?

Hi,
Its me again!!!!!!

Im actually ready to send mine and hubbies skills assessments off!!!....dont faint!!

Which way is best to post these huge thick envelopes......yeah I know ...in the post box!!
No I mean...registered..or what?
I know its been asked before but I cant remember
After all the work weve gone to to sort it all out I would hate it to get lost.
I know I will get aknowledgement after a while ...but other than that , how do I know they got there???

Please advise asap I want to post them tomorrow...well mine tomorrow and hubbies in a few days...got to sort out stat dec thingy!

Ta

yvsie May 14th 2002 10:29 pm

Re: ? way to post skills assessment

Hi all,
No replies...so back to the top we go....I'll check in the morning in the hope that someone has replied!!!!

John Williams May 15th 2002 5:20 am

Hi,

> Also, write, "printed papers", on your envelope. This brings down the insurance
    > value, and your postage is a bit cheaper. Remember to tell them that it is printed
    > papers as well.

Not sure if this applies to you but in some countries you can only send it as
"Printed matter" if the contents can be (theoretically) checked in transit. For
example, using an envelope which is closed by wrapping string between two plastic or
cardboard circles (not a good description but I hope you know what I mean) or a
see-through envelope. Though a few times I have gotten away with a standard envelope
when the contents were obviously printed matter, e.g., 100 sheets of A4 paper.

Might want to ask at the post office before you send them.

col May 15th 2002 7:18 am

Hi Yvonne

Sent a medical off back in April(15th)International Recorded with AOD(Advice on Delivery) Through the royal mail. However, have had no return post to say it has been delivered & when you try to track it, it just comes back saying that it's left the country. Starting to panic now. so maybe one to avoid!!!

Col

Nat May 15th 2002 7:20 am

Use registered mail or EMS or courier (this one is the most expensive), this way you
can rest assured that your document is delivered. There must be a person at the
destination sign the form when they receive your package. With courier service such
as DHL and UPS, you can track your package on the net and see where it has been
sent/transit.

"yvsie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, Its me again!!!!!!
    >
    > Im actually ready to send mine and hubbies skills assessments
    > off!!!....dont faint!!
    >
    > Which way is best to post these huge thick envelopes......yeah I know ..in the post
    > box!! No I mean...registered..or what? I know its been asked before but I cant
    > remember After all the work weve gone to to sort it all out I would hate it to get
    > lost. I know I will get aknowledgement after a while ...but other than that , how
    > do I know they got there???
    >
    > Please advise asap I want to post them tomorrow...well mine tomorrow and hubbies in
    > a few days...got to sort out stat dec thingy!
    >
    > Ta
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Yvonne
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Jacqui May 15th 2002 9:55 am

Have a look at the Royal Mail website. Go into the International Postage section. Weigh your package (on the kitchen scales to get a rough idea) then follow through all the steps, saying where it's going, type of package, surface or air mail etc. You can choose various options if you want it signed for or insured, or to get it there quicker go for Swift Air. At least when you get to the counter at the Post Office you will know what you want, and just how much it's going to cost.

I sent all my documents in one of those tough, untearable Tyvek envelopes, and sent it Swift Air recorded. I paid the extra 30p to receive confirmation of safe delivery, but of course that never arrived. As someone else said, you can't track it online once it has left the country. Having said that, I emailed my case officer and she confirmed safe delivery for me. My package was posted on a Friday and arrived in Australia on the Monday, which was pretty amazing. It cost just under £10 I think. Much cheaper than using a courier. I also photocopied everything I sent, just in case.

yvsie May 15th 2002 10:13 am

Thanks Jacqui...I'll do just that!