On the way

Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:56 pm
JC1

Default On the way

The house is almost sold (subject) to contract and everything is arranged as much as can be before we book our flights to Adelaide. We are a family of three (me and the wife & a 2 year old boy) plus another on the way. We have lots of family in Adelaide and have spent many happy holidays all over Australia. We are leaving the UK to escape the tedious 9-5 and lack of funds to hopefully enjoy a better quality of life under the sun with plenty of wedge in the bank. We have made enough money on the house to almost buy a decent size house outright but not enough to not work again!! I have a couple of questions that you maybe able to help with.

1. Does anyone have any good contacts or web links to I.T Sales Jobs in the Adelaide area?

2. Does any one have any experience in living/working in Adelaide and if so how is it?

Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:58 pm
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road

Try careerone.com.au
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: On the way

Originally posted by JC1
The house is almost sold (subject) to contract and everything is arranged as much as can be before we book our flights to Adelaide. We are a family of three (me and the wife & a 2 year old boy) plus another on the way. We have lots of family in Adelaide and have spent many happy holidays all over Australia. We are leaving the UK to escape the tedious 9-5 and lack of funds to hopefully enjoy a better quality of life under the sun with plenty of wedge in the bank. We have made enough money on the house to almost buy a decent size house outright but not enough to not work again!! I have a couple of questions that you maybe able to help with.

1. Does anyone have any good contacts or web links to I.T Sales Jobs in the Adelaide area?

2. Does any one have any experience in living/working in Adelaide and if so how is it?

cant help with your questions but i hope it works out for you all

best of luck
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Try this for size JC1.
Good surfing.

podgypossum
22 Jan 2004 12:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message for all people emmigrating to Adelaide
As you may already know, a group of us already here are setting up a welcome/ help group for all newcomers to Adelaide. To help us get it of the ground and give us an idea of who is coming, and when, we would like you to do a poll for us on the Adelaide Brits website.
It is a free site similar to this one, and it is easy to join. We would appreciate your imput.

Click on the link below and go to general discussion section where you will find the poll.

Thankyou

Nicki

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaide...dex.php?act=idx
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:19 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Bix
Try this for size JC1.
Good surfing.

podgypossum
22 Jan 2004 12:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message for all people emmigrating to Adelaide
As you may already know, a group of us already here are setting up a welcome/ help group for all newcomers to Adelaide. To help us get it of the ground and give us an idea of who is coming, and when, we would like you to do a poll for us on the Adelaide Brits website.
It is a free site similar to this one, and it is easy to join. We would appreciate your imput.

Click on the link below and go to general discussion section where you will find the poll.

Thankyou

Nicki

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaide...dex.php?act=idx
your link no workio monsieur bix

Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
your link no workio monsieur bix
Thanks WBB - should have checked eh?

Don't worry JC1 one of the Adelaide crew will come along and help us.

PP why is your website link failing ?
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JC1

Hi JC1
I found Candle Recruitment to be the best IT recruitment firm I dealt with in Oz. www.candlerecruit.com.au They were so helpful and worked really hard to find both me and husband jobs within 4-6 weeks of arrival.

Other good agencies were Michael Page www.michaelpage.com.au and Greythorn www.greythorn.com.au/

www.jobnet.com.au and www.seek.com.au are two very good sites listing IT vacancies. However, your best bet will be to make appts to meet the agencies asap and take it from there. They like to meet you and size up what kind of person you are, what you are looking for, etc. We found we had little response from simply sending off CVs to things advertised on job vacancy sites and it was only after we met agencies that things started to happen. Also, they don't advertise all vacancies as they generally have enough people on their books that they don't need to go public with every vacancy.

HP/Compaq have big offices in Adelaide, not sure about any of the other big firms

Hope this helps, good luck