Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Water usage...how you doin?????

Water usage...how you doin?????

Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:33 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water usage...how you doin?????

Originally Posted by youngy73
it hasnt rained for a couple of weeks so ive had to water the garden. water usage normally doubles in the dry season. i use about 2500 litres every time i water. normally 3 times a week with the sprinklers. i also wander around the garden with beer in one hand and hose in the other most days after work. im going for the lush tropical garden. its all been from cuttings and propagation and been in about 1 1/2 years now. i have got lots of gingers and heliconias plus the veggie patch which need a lot of water. at 62 cents a 1000 litres i dont give the cosat a second thought. i guess its one of the plusses of living in this part of oz but we get shafted on just about everything else. all the money and infastructure seems to go into the great south east.why the government has discounted the idea of pipelines and new dams i dont know.im just enjoying it while i can because these days wont last forever.
Are you serious? This is a wind up right? Its not the cost, its the lack of water thats the problem
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Are you serious? This is a wind up right? Its not the cost, its the lack of water thats the problem
Ignore hon. They are up in Cairns. Stacks of the flamin stuff up there :curse:
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers MP
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
I hope that's the recycle bin
Of course The amount of beer I drink we need a nice large one
Hope you realise too that by drinking beer I'm doing my bit to save drinking water for other people.....
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:13 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
completely.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all
Angry Re: Water usage...how you doin?????

We are moving to Mermaid Waters in 3 more sleeps!!..yes, we are counting! lol. We are a family of 3 adults and 3 kids 11,13 and 14 months. How the heck are we going to manage on 800lt per day?

We will have a pool and spa as well. And how come bigger families only get to use the same amount of water as smaller families? Thats pretty unfair!

They should allow so much water PER PERSON and mulitply that by how many people live in the house not just say 800lt is all you get!!

Anyway, I guess we will survive.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex Tassiemum
We are moving to Mermaid Waters in 3 more sleeps!!..yes, we are counting! lol. We are a family of 3 adults and 3 kids 11,13 and 14 months. How the heck are we going to manage on 800lt per day?

We will have a pool and spa as well. And how come bigger families only get to use the same amount of water as smaller families? Thats pretty unfair!

They should allow so much water PER PERSON and mulitply that by how many people live in the house not just say 800lt is all you get!!

Anyway, I guess we will survive.
In Sydney the recommended usage is 150 litres per person per day, so 900 litres is what you should need.

I am a family of 5 and our average is 324 litres per day, we all shower every day, but I have water tanks to service the loos and washing machine and we make sure we take quick showers.

Jo