Water shortage

Old May 31st 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Water shortage

I'm hoping power bills don't get as high as my UK ones. You expect water to be dear but don't always appreciate the knok-on effects of a shortage.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quercus
I'm hoping power bills don't get as high as my UK ones. You expect water to be dear but don't always appreciate the knok-on effects of a shortage.
Oh great.....something else to worry about.......

what with the Termites..........................

WHY THE F *** DID I MOVE HERE ????????????????????????

Oh yeah....for a better life for my kids.............................................. ....

living with a mother that spends most of her day worrying

ADVICE TO PEEPS BACK HOME - DON'T BOTHER COMING
Old May 31st 2007, 8:49 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Oh great.....something else to worry about.......

what with the Termites..........................

WHY THE F *** DID I MOVE HERE ????????????????????????

Oh yeah....for a better life for my kids.............................................. ....

living with a mother that spends most of her day worrying

ADVICE TO PEEPS BACK HOME - DON'T BOTHER COMING
Oh dear elljay how long have you been in oz? you sound really fed up. C x
Old May 31st 2007, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiels
Oh dear elljay how long have you been in oz? you sound really fed up. C x
nearing the 18 month mark (you can read my one year update)

then read my termite thread

i'm ok really - just having an off day.

thanks for your concern

Now i'm off to have my 4 minute shower!!! - if i take my daughter in the shower with me - does that mean i can have 8 minutes???
Old May 31st 2007, 9:06 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
nearing the 18 month mark (you can read my one year update)

then read my termite thread

i'm ok really - just having an off day.

thanks for your concern

Now i'm off to have my 4 minute shower!!! - if i take my daughter in the shower with me - does that mean i can have 8 minutes???
Oh thats ok then God knows how my daughter will cope with 4 mins showers, shes currently running at laest 15 mins!!! C x
Old May 31st 2007, 10:56 pm
Banned

magicpixi will become famous soon enough

Hoping to get in to oz so much and this has just put a dampner on everything I just hope things improve by the time I go If I get in.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magicpixi
Hoping to get in to oz so much and this has just put a dampner on everything I just hope things improve by the time I go If I get in.
Not enough water round here to put a dampner on anything
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Tugun Desalination Plant is well into construction and should be complete and up and running by late 2008.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:42 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smilz
Hi to everyone this is my first post.

I have been looking to moving my family to Queensland for some time now and in fact nearly took the plunge.....BUT Brisbane went to level five water restrictions and we decided not to proceed any further until the situation eased.

What with the Murry Darling basin nearly dry and farmers going out of business, the thought that electricity generators will have to cut back their water usage therefore cut back on the amount of electicity the produce and with Mr Howard suggesting that the best course of action is for all austalians to pray I cannot for the life of me see why people are still migrating.

Working on the principle that humans need air,food and water to live why move to a drought area when one of those is due to run out?

Have I made a mistake - I dont think so as it was on the BBC not so long ago and there is loads on the net if u look for it e.g.

http://www.greenleft.org.au/2007/711/36915

So my question is why are people moving in droves to a potential disaster area.

I really dont mean to upset anyone its just that I just wonder why everyone seems to be ignoring the facts.
Bought that plane ticket yet?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

I heard that what doesn't help in Brisbane are the tourists etc who ignore water restrictions or carry on using as much as they would at home. So loads of wastage is coming from visitors. I guess its the same with across the globe - those who have lots go into fragile areas and don't adapt or behave differently in the new surroundings.

I say wheather you have a drought or not why waste water? Whats wrong with a 4min shower? Have plants in your garden that don't need watering etc.

It just breaks my heart to hear my 17yr old brother and i guess lots of kids today say 'why should I bother...' In todays world there is so much wastage and whether you belive in global warming or not you should believe in not being greedy and wasteful.

I'm moving out next May and can't wait - new surroundings, new way of living be it in a drought area or not! UK is constantly flooded - also not good!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:23 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Water shortage

Originally Posted by Smilz
and with Mr Howard suggesting that the best course of action is for all austalians to pray
My recollection is very different:

Life must be very strange in your parallel universe.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:26 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Water shortage

Rising floodwaters threaten homes in SE Qld

It is a race against time on Queensland's Sunshine Coast where emergency services are working to stop floodwaters inundating homes and businesses.

More than 200 State Emergency Service (SES) workers are trying to protect homes and businesses at Tewantin and Noosaville where floodwaters are rising fast.

Small boats are being used to rescue people trapped inside their homes and dozens of stranded cars have been pulled from flooded roads.

Weather bureau spokesman Vikash Prasad says it will continue raining for most of the night.

"As far the rain is concerned, it is probably going to go out to sea tomorrow morning but the flooding situation is not likely to ease until Sunday," he said.
ABC.

Wet enough for ya?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:08 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yep really strange, but true:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Last edited by cresta57; Aug 24th 2007 at 10:49 pm. Reason: repair links
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:15 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
[indent]

Wet enough for ya?
Record rainfalls yet only a 1% increase in dam levels, just how much will it have to rain to make dams viable in S.E Qld?
If 200mm [average falls] cannot replenish dwindling stocks one may think that the time has come to explore other more viable options.
I'm hoping the measly 1% will increase as the rainfall & subsequent runoff continue
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:07 pm
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: Water shortage

Originally Posted by cresta57
Yep really strange, but true:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
The claim was: "Mr Howard suggesting that the best course of action is for all Australians to pray", not "Mr Howard suggesting that Australians should pray for rain".

This claim remains unsupported.

Record rainfalls yet only a 1% increase in dam levels, just how much will it have to rain to make dams viable in S.E Qld?
If 200mm [average falls] cannot replenish dwindling stocks one may think that the time has come to explore other more viable options.
I'm hoping the measly 1% will increase as the rainfall & subsequent runoff continue
Fingers crossed for the federal government's water scheme.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.