Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Water restrictions in Sydney ?

Wikiposts

Water restrictions in Sydney ?

Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:26 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water restrictions in Sydney ?

Something I haven’t looked into before or since I got here.
Can anyone tell me when or if I can water the garden or wash the car with a hose?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

garden - only before 10am or after 4pm

car - not with hose, but ok with bucket, and yes we know hose uses less than bucket.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichS

car - not with hose, but ok with bucket, and yes we know hose uses less than bucket.
thanx rich. its funny my daughter was out washing the car the other day with a hose. do they come and throw u into a van for doing it
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:35 pm
rudo1ph

Originally posted by RichS

But only on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.....if you go to the Sydney Water website and look under the water restrictions category it should give you all the info you need.

We are on Stage 2 water restrictions now

Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

i dont think much at all happens - there is supposed to be a $200 fine knocking around somewhere.

the dams are down to 44% full which isn;t good, and they've started pumping in water from the Nepean river apparently, which also isn't good.

They don't at an official level seem to be taking this as seriously as they might.

However - when it does rain here I would say it really does rain. Often for days on end.

Not the horizontal freezing stuff, but you'll aclimatise in time and then be like the rest of us in realising that rain is always a bit depressing.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:37 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soapy
thanx rich. its funny my daughter was out washing the car the other day with a hose. do they come and throw u into a van for doing it
Some nice neighbour might report you! And then there are personal fines.

the watering the garden was specific days as well.

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/everyd...s/WR_index.cfm

The website enocourages you to dob a person in! Apparently very unaustralian according to TripleM radio.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra
The website enocourages you to dob a person in! Apparently very unaustralian according to TripleM radio.
triple m ruuuuuuuuucks football
Sorry, they just said it (for the billionth time today) as i read that
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

thank you everyone for that. the link was great, ill have a wee read at it later. i had to laugh at this pic though, cant imagine usinge a watering can in the uk. i would get strange looks
Attached Images  
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:10 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

We have the water restriction guys patrolling our road...in their mean looking cars..ohhhhhhhhh

I reckon they like to think they are cops...hands up and put down that Hose...!!!caught ya !!!