Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

water restrictions?

water restrictions?

Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question water restrictions?

We are considering buying in Brisbane area but someones just reminded us that Queensland has level 5 water restrictions.What does this mean to you all living there in real terms? How does this affect the way you do things especially if you've got a pool?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: water restrictions?

Originally Posted by bushy
We are considering buying in Brisbane area but someones just reminded us that Queensland has level 5 water restrictions.What does this mean to you all living there in real terms? How does this affect the way you do things especially if you've got a pool?
You are now required by law to wash with a friend

WW
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

http://www.rosalie.qld.gov.au/docume...ionsadvice.pdf

Just found this which explains everything
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:24 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Actually not true. Queensland as a state does not have level 5 restrictions.

Brisbane City Council and some other councils do. However, I live in the Redlandshire 20kms outside the CBD and have level 2.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to jet wash my car
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

level 5 hasn't quite started yet, 10th April I think. with regarding pools, new pools wil have to be filled from water brought in, they estimtae $2,000 to $3,000 for an average size pool, however, I notice that a lot of pool companies are advertising free water when you contract to building a pool. For existing pools, you can still top up, I think between certain times, but only if you have 3 of the 4 water saving devices installed around your home, i.e. water saving shower heads, washing machines, dual flush toilets and pool covers.

http://www.qwc.qld.gov.au/myfiles/up...estriction.pdf

Last edited by sassie; Mar 31st 2007 at 8:04 am.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:39 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

We're going to be drinking our own recylced pee soon... H2O without the 'number two's' hopefully
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We are considering buying in Brisbane area but someones just reminded us that Queensland has level 5 water restrictions.
Not for another 5 days, fill yer buckets now guys,,,,,,,

What does this mean to you all living there in real terms? How does this affect the way you do things especially if you've got a pool?
Makes it easier when decorating,,,,,,,