Water question

Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to all
Default Water question

I can't believe I'm asking this already and we haven't even applied for a visa yet however what is the water like in Oz? Hard or soft?

I love the soft water here,drink a lot of tap water, and though I imagine it varies by area, I wonder if anyone in either Tassie, Melbourne or Adelaide can tell me if the water is worth drinking and is it hard or soft?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Choice will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Water question

Originally Posted by Thunderduck
I can't believe I'm asking this already and we haven't even applied for a visa yet however what is the water like in Oz? Hard or soft?

I love the soft water here,drink a lot of tap water, and though I imagine it varies by area, I wonder if anyone in either Tassie, Melbourne or Adelaide can tell me if the water is worth drinking and is it hard or soft?
In Melbourne the water is soft and tastes lovely. Not sure if this is true or not but you can't buy salt to put in your dishwasher in Melbourne. The repair guy told me that because the water is so soft it doesn't need salt.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Choice
In Melbourne the water is soft and tastes lovely. Not sure if this is true or not but you can't buy salt to put in your dishwasher in Melbourne. The repair guy told me that because the water is so soft it doesn't need salt.
TY. That's another point in favour of Melbourne.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

IME the water in Adelaide and in Brisbane tastes like shite.

You need a filter in many places.

G
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Water in Perth certainly where we are in the Northern suburbs is terrible. We always have used filters here.

Have complained to the water people and they say it's safe to drink but know it is awful. Have advised me to run it through a few times in the morning, change filters every month or so and don't leave it in the fridge overnight.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deborahjane
Water in Perth certainly where we are in the Northern suburbs is terrible. We always have used filters here.

Have complained to the water people and they say it's safe to drink but know it is awful. Have advised me to run it through a few times in the morning, change filters every month or so and don't leave it in the fridge overnight.
I agree, when we refitted our kitchen we put in a water filter in the benchtop and its much nicer. Where we lived in the east of england the water was just as bad tbh.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:17 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Here it just stinks and tastes of chlorine. I can't drink it without putting it through a filter.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:46 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Grayling
IME the water in Adelaide and in Brisbane tastes like shite.

You need a filter in many places.

G
Ours tastes OK, but it is even better after leaving it for a few hours in the fridge.

However, they are now building a pipeline to connect our water to Brisbanes water, so we may be drinking Brisbanes stuff one day....

Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When we were in Adelaide the water was ok, but we still filtered it. Perth water tastes awful. I can't drink it unless it's filtered and like Northernbird will be installing a filter in our new kitchen to cook with, as well as bottled water for the coldness factor.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

It seems that pleasant tasting tap water is a bit of a rarity, even in the UK.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:37 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I bought bottled in Leeds but always drank tap water at my friend's place in Dewsbury; it was like spring water.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne has lovely water and is renowned for it,I never knew you had to put salt in dishwashers.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Ours tastes OK, but it is even better after leaving it for a few hours in the fridge.

However, they are now building a pipeline to connect our water to Brisbanes water, so we may be drinking Brisbanes stuff one day....
Brisbane doesn't have water. What you'll have is Gold Coast water, piped up to Brissie and piped out to you

Wouldn't drink tap water unfiltered in Hertfordshire, won't drink tap water unfiltered here. All tastes bloody awful. Chilled filtered tank water is fab.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

The water in Aberdeen, Scotland is beautiful. Its one thing I really miss. Running the cold water tap and actually getting cold drinkable water.
x
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:50 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

The water round here tastes as if it's been contaminated with sewage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.