Water Bores

Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice
Default Water Bores

Hi

We live in a house with a water bore, can anyone tell me how the shared usage works, the bore is ours as it is on our land, and the house next door shares the bore with us. Do we get a water bill for the bore water, and what contribution does our neighbour pay towards their usage, and do they pay towards the upkeep of the bore.

Thanks.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:17 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water Bores

Originally Posted by brickies wife
Hi

We live in a house with a water bore, can anyone tell me how the shared usage works, the bore is ours as it is on our land, and the house next door shares the bore with us. Do we get a water bill for the bore water, and what contribution does our neighbour pay towards their usage, and do they pay towards the upkeep of the bore.

Thanks.
There should be some sort of written agreement, or a formal contract because the cost of electricity and maintenance would fall on you otherwise!

It may be different in WA, but in NSW there's no charge for water from your own bore but mine draws from 120m down and the electricity use must be significant.

If you can't find an agreement I would (a) investigate whether there IS a council charge for drawing the water then (b) draw up an agreement on costs and make sure everyone signs it!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice
Default Re: Water Bores

Thanks Wol, I dont think there is a current agreeement, as the previous owner, also originally owned the house next door as well, sound like I need to get on with sorting it out.