Reload this Page >

WATER (in Adelaide of course)

WATER (in Adelaide of course)

Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:01 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

jaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WATER (in Adelaide of course)

Since we are all going a bit healthy at the moment, probably a New Year guilt thing,

I wondered if anyone has had any strange symptoms that cannot be explained health wise.

When we landed here, after a couple of days, I found myself rushing out to the toilet ready to throw up. This happened a couple of times in our first week, so naturally I put it down to jet-lag.

When we moved in to our house, we bought water from the supermarket coz I couldnt stand the taste of the water here from the tap.

All well and good.

Then, once I had become acustomed to the water, we stopped buying it.

Then it was christmas.

Since Christmas I woke up every night feeling really sick. I would be awake for an hour or so and fall back to sleep again. Woke up in the morning and felt fine. Funny how you dont think about it much in the day time!

One night I woke up and was sick. This got me a bit worried, enough to go out and buy a pregnancy test! Negative - phew.

Suddenly I realised that the water and the sicky feeling were around the same times, so stopped drinking tap water, and guess what ..... I slept solid all night and feel wonderful again.

Does anyone one out there know what on eath it is in the water that makes me feel so ill?

Does anyone else have something like it?
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I dont like hte taste of the water, but it hasnt made me ill.... i just use it for making coffee
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:12 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Adelaide water has a very high mineral count, which we're not used to. Not only that but they add fluoride to it which is pure poison. Luckily where I am at the moment, they don't add it. It's the only thing I'm not looking forward too!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:21 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The murky truth about Adelaide water

Poms and Frogs in your water: United Water in Adelaide
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:42 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Megalania
Where do you manage to consistently come up with articles about just about everything that comes up on this forum?
You should take this up as a career.

Cheers.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:48 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Megalania
Where do you manage to consistently come up with articles about just about everything that comes up on this forum?
You should take this up as a career.

Cheers.
Well, I just make up and post the web pages when I need them.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 1:08 pm
Banned

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Adelaide water has a very high mineral count, which we're not used to. Not only that but they add fluoride to it which is pure poison. Luckily where I am at the moment, they don't add it. It's the only thing I'm not looking forward too!
Have you checked the fluoride concentration of your water? There is a wide natural range of fluoride concentrations.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 5:54 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Megalania
Have you checked the fluoride concentration of your water? There is a wide natural range of fluoride concentrations.
Yep, I've checked ours and we are ok.

The fluoride they put in is not natural, but a chemical by-product of the aluminium industry. They're not allowed to dump it so do the next best thing, make people drink it!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:01 pm
jaz
Forum Regular

jaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that sounds like a the most likely reason! Poison!

I thought flouride was good for your teeth.

How do I check the flouride levels in our water?

I have to say that it closely resembled the time I was being poisoned by carbon monoxide.

Very interesting, I think there is a sound explanation here - so thanks!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:12 pm
Banned

Yep, I've checked ours and we are ok.

The fluoride they put in is not natural, but a chemical by-product of the aluminium industry. They're not allowed to dump it so do the next best thing, make people drink it!
Natural fluoride ions better?
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Adding fluoride to the water is completely unethical.

I'm thinking of getting a filter which removes it, but it's pretty pricey. Apparently the cheaper double filter Puratap removes a bit.

Luckily most offices have bottled mineral water.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 3:08 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Megs what are these Sydney water purity problems? I remember crypto time but no one got ill.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 3:30 am
Banned

Originally posted by bondipom
Megs what are these Sydney water purity problems? I remember crypto time but no one got ill.
A Mona Vale surf & turf eatery a few years ago:

"What would you like to drink, Sir".
"Water, please". Backward glance (here's a cheap skate - no tip).

Water arrives. Sip. 'Huh?' Smell. "What".

"Waiter, could you bring filtered water, please".
"Certainly, Sir"

Water arrives. Sip. OK.

Conversation with chef / owner. "Yes, we have had to replace the ovens several times due to corrosion. It's the water".

Leave restaurant (no tip), walking to car, friends slightly mortified to be seen attached to an small-noting anti-consumer.

Eyes right and up. Steel water reservoir. To friends "Ah, most be all the chlorine needed to kill the frogs hanging from the roof of the reservoir".
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:37 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by jaz
Well, that sounds like a the most likely reason! Poison!

I thought flouride was good for your teeth.

How do I check the flouride levels in our water?

I have to say that it closely resembled the time I was being poisoned by carbon monoxide.

Very interesting, I think there is a sound explanation here - so thanks!

I'm sure this is the site.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:39 am
I Know What's Going On!

I'm sure this is the site.

And tor a bit of reading, try this:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
fluoride 01.doc (74.0 KB, 197 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.