Water ??

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:02 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water ??

All to often coming from civilised england with the roman inventions of drainage and plumbing, you take it for granted. Yes water IN and water OUT with additives

In Australia, due to the sheer size you get complacent with such an abundant resource in the northern hemisphere.

We have been on drought orders now since 1979 lol

On acreage, its almost impossible to get what is called TownWater, even trickle feed is rare where we live.

Townwater is full pressure mains water from tut local water supplier
Trickle feed is HALF measure

we are in neither category, we are on DAM and TANK.

Dam for irrigating the land, and tank water for drinking and bathing.

Albeit tank water is beautiful and ultra fresh, we dont drink it lol

We get the NeverFail water buts delivered and turn em upside down on our chiller.

Tank water is brilliant, and after a good downpour last was 3 months ago, we can survive with 3 5,000 gallon tanks for 3-4 months.

However we have just had a refil on main tank, which costs about 100 bucks a fill.

Watering plants, becomes a chore and at times even with our irrigation sprinklers and bowsers we take it easy. These are fed from a davey pump at our main dam.

Dams are brilliant, and ecologically friendly.

We have troughs throughout the acreage which lead down to the 2 dams we have, and fill them as we have heavy rain...

Sewerage is via a bio cycle thingy underground.

Waste water from sinks, shower bath and w/machine go via a grey water tank, which we use to irrigate some of the palms and vege patches.

All in all water is very very valuable
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water ??

And theres me thinking, you've got all the water you need on the sea side of the ranges in SEQ'land.

How far north do you have to go before water shortages stops being a problem ?
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:17 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
And theres me thinking, you've got all the water you need on the sea side of the ranges in SEQ'land.

Just past cape capricorn LOL

I think generally the further north the more temperate and humid the climate, if that makes sense.

We would love more rain here in SEQ

We get a few drops during the night sometimes, but barely enough to create a trickle in the gutter.

Just to make you laugh.

We went to Noosa few weeks ago, to 40 mile beach, in my new VIRGIN ute.

Came off the beach and headed for the washer bay to clean the sand off.

Debs mum said, ur utes gerrin soaked on the back, I said nah its ok, theres nothin on there.

Got out to reinflate the tyres and my trainers were on there SOAKED.

ITS the best clean they have ever had lol

Debs said fgs TFFT they stunk !!!
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:27 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

just been hearing how here in Victoria they want to start charging for water that people get from the dams and tanks on their own private property.....ie for the rain that falls from the sky above!
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:39 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Go east into the Redlands area