Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Watching the Glasgow Rangers Games

Wikiposts

Watching the Glasgow Rangers Games

Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Watching the Glasgow Rangers Games

Yes I know there's going to be people who reply saying why would I want to watch the Rangers games, but anyway I do want to watch them and I wondered if anyone knew of anywhere from the Gold Coast to Brisbane that shows them? If so could you let me know as I don't have Setanta yet so wouldn't mind knowing where I could catch a few games. Thanks
Tracy
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:59 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Watching the Glasgow Rangers Games

Someone told me about a pub in Brisbane that has bands, flutes and all... Its meant to be great fun. Will dig out the post.
Shaun
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:05 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Yes I know there's going to be people who reply saying why would I want to watch the Rangers games, but anyway I do want to watch them and I wondered if anyone knew of anywhere from the Gold Coast to Brisbane that shows them? If so could you let me know as I don't have Setanta yet so wouldn't mind knowing where I could catch a few games. Thanks
Tracy
Ask Soapy, I think he's a rangers fan
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:07 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Possibly this, not the post i was thinking of though.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323379
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of attracting a large UEFA fine and possible BE sanctions..."Hullo Hullo..."

Sorry, can't help you with the games. I'm down in Melbourne and need to rely on some bluenose friendly pubs. I'm even considering subscribing to Setanta. Good luck.

Tracy
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:08 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

All smiles tonight lads

Originally Posted by haggis supper
At the risk of attracting a large UEFA fine and possible BE sanctions..."Hullo Hullo..."

Sorry, can't help you with the games. I'm down in Melbourne and need to rely on some bluenose friendly pubs. I'm even considering subscribing to Setanta. Good luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

wmckellar will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Watching the Glasgow Rangers Games

Boys Boys Boys . . . we are letting the side down here.

We have a Rangers Supporters Club in Brisbane, Pig & Whistle on Eagle street.

Just in work after watching the mighty gers go through to the last 16.

WATP

Send me a PM and i can give you more details if you want.

Cheers

Will
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Belting result.

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
All smiles tonight lads
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

Haggis Supper there is a Rangers SC in Frankston that show most of the games, never been as i dont support Rangers but its only for Bluenoses so none of the "great unwashed" allowed in
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:54 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rangers booo!!!!

the dandy's all the way lol!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:55 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Tracy

if you want to go to a pub then see above.

if you want to watch them at home online(most teams covered, and diff sports too)

look at my other thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...70#post4417470

happy hunting. read the brief version a bit further down the page.

its pretty easy after the first go.this is the very brief version
download stream players,research channel and player to choose on forum, open the right player,click on the right channel, watch!! ENJOY.

al
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 3:09 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

If you get Foxtel then I'm sure they are on the Comedy channel.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

HTML Code:
Bordy 
If you get Foxtel then I'm sure they are on the Comedy channel.  
Unlike the Dandy Dons ,who are on Survival
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to know how long one can relgiously follow their team, at the ungodly hours that distance forces upon us.

I reckon anyone that can get through ten years, of kickoffs at anywhere between 11.30pm through to 4.30 am, deserves sainthood.

I went to over 300 games following my team home and away in the UK. Trying to follow them at a distance really got to me in the end.

Repeats and delayed telecasts dont do it for me. I still support and follow my team with interest, but at a fraction of the dedication I showed them in London.

Best of Luck with your Support and year. I found not being able to follow my team properly the biggest wrench of my move here.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I completely agree. I just cannot get into it, and watching 4 repeats of 90 minute games on a Sunday is not on. I end up fast forwarding - its simply not the same.

Pretty much the only thing I really miss from home is the football - watching, reading and talking about it.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'd love to know how long one can relgiously follow their team, at the ungodly hours that distance forces upon us.

I reckon anyone that can get through ten years, of kickoffs at anywhere between 11.30pm through to 4.30 am, deserves sainthood.

I went to over 300 games following my team home and away in the UK. Trying to follow them at a distance really got to me in the end.

Repeats and delayed telecasts dont do it for me. I still support and follow my team with interest, but at a fraction of the dedication I showed them in London.

Best of Luck with your Support and year. I found not being able to follow my team properly the biggest wrench of my move here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.