Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Watching GAA online with Setanta

Watching GAA online with Setanta

Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:10 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Watching GAA online with Setanta

Hi all,

My long suffering husband spotted yesterday that you can now subscribe to Setanta (monthly or annually) and watch GAA, Scottish football, rugby and other stuff online. Yay! I'm only interested in the GAA, will be nice to watch the All Ireland Hurling Final in September on an 'official' site with proper streaming rather than relying on some well dodgy stream from iraq where the commentary is either 3 seconds ahead or behind the lovely pixallated picture.

Now if we could only get GAA to play games at 7pm instead of 3pm we'd really be sorted!

Woot!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:06 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Watching GAA online with Setanta

WTF is "GAA"?

..and a word of caution, many of us tried streaming via Setanta for Euro2012. The experience was deeply disappointing, technically rubbish and artistically rubbish (crap commentary). Everyone I know gave up their subscribed streaming from Setanta and found an illegal BBC stream instead for a much higher quality experience. When we cancelled the Setanta stuff at the end of the month they over-billed and had to be chased down for a refund!

...Just saying - there's a LOT of people who having been lured into Setanta for a month have now vowed never to touch them again with a barge pole.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

rubberduck is an unknown quantity at this point

Our national sport very similar to Aussie rules football, and for good measure we play the Aussies in a series of dual games.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:12 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

GAA is the Gaelic Athletic Association so the body that overseas hurling, gaelic football, camogie etc.

The husband tested it out the other night and the stream was perfect. Can't speak to the commentary but if it's crap we'll stream an Irish radio station which is what we did last year.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

I've Setanta and from what I recall it's the same RTE broadcast, well worth the money. If you've self control you can always IQ it and watch at a more respectable time.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

Sorry, what I have is the Foxtel subscription.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:33 am
not sure...

Yeah, we didn't want to have to get Foxtel just to get Setanta so the online sub was ideal. Have watched a few games now and no problems so far