Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Watch Repairer Warning

Wikiposts

Watch Repairer Warning

Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Watch Repairer Warning

I took my daughter's "Finding Nemo" watch to get a new battery and was shocked when the woman placed it face down on the marble counter and proceeded to change the battery. I suggested that she might want to be careful not to scratch the glass so she pulled out a piece of paper and put the watch onto it. I had already removed the case back for her so she just inserted a (used) battery and said $9.99. To be honest I thought it was expensive for what I had just experienced and decided against it. Just to warn you all it's the shop near the newsagents 3rd floor near the food court of Indooroopilly Shopping Centre Brisbane.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Watch Repairer Warning

you can buy a mixed pack of batteries at most $2 shops and change them yourself! Getting back off is the hardest part!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 3:08 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I was charged $25 once for a watch battery replacement - never going there again...
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Having found out the model number of the battery (SR626) I thought I would try Tandy and would you believe it they have their own numbering system! The only way I could determine which was the right one was by using a magnifying glass (assuming that the battery was facing the right way around) but they couldn't get one for me to use