Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

watch out there's a POM about?

watch out there's a POM about?

Old Jun 18th 2003, 7:52 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default watch out there's a POM about?

With this I leave to water my horse .

CRIMINALS and asylum seekers released from detention pending a final court decision were a serious risk to the Australian community, Immigration Minister Philip Ruddock said today.

At least 20 people had been released from mandatory detention due to temporary court rulings ahead of a final decision.

But Mr Ruddock said about half of them were of significant character concern, and today he moved to amend the law so that unlawful non-citizens remain detained until their status was determined.

At least one was a British citizen who had never applied for asylum but whose character was questionable.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030618/n...sto102042.html

Old Jun 18th 2003, 8:06 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: watch out there's a POM about?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
With this I leave to water my horse .

CRIMINALS and asylum seekers released from detention pending a final court decision were a serious risk to the Australian community, Immigration Minister Philip Ruddock said today.

At least 20 people had been released from mandatory detention due to temporary court rulings ahead of a final decision.

But Mr Ruddock said about half of them were of significant character concern, and today he moved to amend the law so that unlawful non-citizens remain detained until their status was determined.

At least one was a British citizen who had never applied for asylum but whose character was questionable.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030618/n...sto102042.html

That's amazing, I went into town today to get Thoreau's "Walden" at Borders, when, on the corner of Edward and Elizabeth Streets in Brisbane, the following conversation went on (me in CAPS):

"Awight geezer, how's it going?"
OK
"Lend us a quid for a pack of fags?"
NO
"Go on, giz a fiver then!"
NO
"Twelve and twelve is twenty-four, shut your gob and say no more!"
WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT
"Oh, Gordon Bennet, why won't you listen?"
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT
"That telly is not hookie, it fell off the back of a lorry!"
OH PISS OFF WILL YOU