washington DC

Old Feb 23rd 2002, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Raj123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default washington DC

Hi,
Do anyone have information about washington DC embassy of australia regarding the visa cap, i have sent my medical and police certificates in first week of feb2002 so how long it will take for visa grant at this post. also, does receiving medical and police clearance means positive move?

Thanks
Raj
Old Feb 23rd 2002, 6:05 pm
Steveg

Default Re: washington DC

Hi Raj,

Our application is lodged in Washington as well. They say they have run out of our
particular 'class' of visas until July 2002. We are Skilled Independents. If you
filed under a different class you may get yours worked through before then.

Yes, receiving request for medical and police clearance is a good move. It means they
didn't find any major difficulties with your initial application. After you send in
your medicals and police clearance they will do a "character check", ie, FBI
information, and check with the law enforcement authorities in your original country
for problems. They say this process could take as long as 5 months, but more than
likely will take 3 or 4 months.

SteveG

"Raj123" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, Do anyone have information about washington DC embassy of australia regarding
    > the visa cap, i have sent my medical and police certificates in first week of
    > feb2002 so how long it will take for visa grant at this post. also, does receiving
    > medical and police clearance means positive move?
    >
    > Thanks Raj
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 23rd 2002, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks steveG.
I am also under skilled independent with IT and logged application in may2001.
i did sent police clearance from my original country then why they will go back and check with them.
steve, if you don't mind can you please tell me when did you submitt yours medical and police.

Thanks
Originally posted by Raj123
Hi,
Do anyone have information about washington DC embassy of australia regarding the visa cap, i have sent my medical and police certificates in first week of feb2002 so how long it will take for visa grant at this post. also, does receiving medical and police clearance means positive move?

Thanks
Raj
Old Feb 23rd 2002, 11:50 pm
Steveg

Hi Raj,

We submitted our 47sk application in April 2001, and included our medicals and police
clearance with it. They did come back a couple months later and request the x-rays,
but our agent said that was common. No matter how much stuff you submit with your
initial application, they will always ask for more. He said it was so they could
prove to their superiors that they weren't "asleep at the switch".

Perhaps they won't go back to your original country for background check. I
don't know.

Good luck with your application, SteveG

> Raj123 wrote:
    > > Hi, Do anyone have information about washington DC embassy of
australia
    > > regarding the visa cap, i have sent my medical and police certificates in first
    > > week of feb2002 so how long it will take for visa grant at this post. also,
    > > does receiving medical and police clearance means positive move? Thanks Raj
    >
    > Thanks steveG. I am also under skilled independent with IT and logged application
    > in may2001. i did sent police clearance from my original country then why they will
    > go back and check with them. steve, if you don't mind can you please tell me when
    > did you submitt yours medical and police.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Feb 24th 2002, 6:50 pm
Emmarr

Hey Steve:

You mentioned that you submitted the medicals and police clearance docs in April
2001. And that Washington probably won't issue visas until July 2002. Aren't you
worried that you'll have to redo them after the 12 month validity period? Or is there
a simpler solution to this? Thanks.

Old Feb 25th 2002, 12:11 am
Steveg

Hi Emmarr,

I've heard both ways. That the embassy takes into consideration that the delay in
processing is there fault so they overlook the time constraints, then I've heard that
they request new medicals/police checks. We're just going with the flow. We can get
both completed within a week after being requested of them, so I'm not too worried
one way or the other. Simply an irritation if they ask for them, but then, DIMA has
been training us on how to handle irritation for the last year, so we'll take it
pretty well.

How's your app going? Did you apply in D.C.? What's your timeline looklike?

Good luck with whatever you choose. Best Regards, Steve

"emmarr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hey Steve:
    >
    > You mentioned that you submitted the medicals and police clearance docs in April
    > 2001. And that Washington probably won't issue visas until July 2002. Aren't you
    > worried that you'll have to redo them after the 12 month validity period? Or is
    > there a simpler solution to this? Thanks.

Old Feb 25th 2002, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Hi Steve,
police/medical are fine it could be done but how about if they ask to go back to ACS and get the assessment again as it has only 12 months validity. I am worried as mine case looks similar to your case.
Thanks Raj

Originally posted by Steveg
Hi Emmarr,

I've heard both ways. That the embassy takes into consideration that the delay in
processing is there fault so they overlook the time constraints, then I've heard that
they request new medicals/police checks. We're just going with the flow. We can get
both completed within a week after being requested of them, so I'm not too worried
one way or the other. Simply an irritation if they ask for them, but then, DIMA has
been training us on how to handle irritation for the last year, so we'll take it
pretty well.

How's your app going? Did you apply in D.C.? What's your timeline looklike?

Good luck with whatever you choose. Best Regards, Steve

"emmarr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Hey Steve:</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>></font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> You mentioned that you submitted the medicals and police clearance docs in April</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> 2001. And that Washington probably won't issue visas until July 2002. Aren't you</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> worried that you'll have to redo them after the 12 month validity period? Or is</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> there a simpler solution to this? Thanks.</font></i>
Old Feb 25th 2002, 12:51 pm
Steveg

Hi Raj,

Good point, as it would take another month or two to be re-assessed, I think I'll ask
our agent that one. My guess is, that as long as you have worked in IT for the last
year, then they will consider your expired assessment still valid.

I'll get back with you on that one.

Best Regards Steve

> Steveg wrote:
    > > Hi Emmarr, I've heard both ways. That the embassy takes into consideration that
the
    > > delay in processing is there fault so they overlook the time constraints, then
    > > I've heard that they request new medicals/police checks. We're just going with
    > > the flow. We can get both completed
within
    > > a week after being requested of them, so I'm not too worried one way
or
    > > the other. Simply an irritation if they ask for them, but then, DIMA
has
    > > been training us on how to handle irritation for the last year, so
we'll
    > > take it pretty well. How's your app going? Did you apply in D.C.? What's your
    > > timeline looklike? Good luck with whatever you choose. Best Regards, Steve
    > > "emmarr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:3e6ff662.02-
    > >
[email protected]:3e6ff662.0 202241134.38eb44b@pos-
    > > ting.google.com... <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Hey Steve:</font></i>
    > > <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>></font></i>
    > > <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> You mentioned that you submitted the
    > > medicals and police clearance docs in April</font></i> <i><font size=-2
    > > color=darkgreen>> 2001. And that Washington probably won't
issue
    > > visas until July 2002. Aren't you</font></i> <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>>
    > > worried that you'll have to redo them after the 12 month validity period? Or
    > > is</font></i> <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> there a simpler solution to
    > > this? Thanks.</font></i>
    >
    > Hi Steve, police/medical are fine it could be done but how about if they ask to go
    > back to ACS and get the assessment again as it has only 12 months validity. I am
    > worried as mine case looks similar to your case. Thanks Raj
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Feb 25th 2002, 6:43 pm
Emmarr

Hi Steve/Raj:

I think the ACS assessment is valid for the duration of your PR processing. Being
requested to repeat medicals/police is more of a possibility, but probably less of a
bother. I've applied to DC, and my timeline so far is:

ACS approval 8/01 PR application 11/01 Medicals/Police 12/01

All the best to everyone.