Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Washing Machines..........

Washing Machines..........

Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:58 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road
Default Washing Machines..........

Do Oz washing machines eat socks??? I'm sick of my washing machine eating all my boy's socks (well not all, just 1 out of each pair)

Proper question, would you buy a washing machine in UK to take over or would it be better to buy in Oz?? The machine I've got now is really old and can't make the journey, so I have to buy one anyway.

Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice
Default Re: Washing Machines..........

I'm afraid the answer is yes, the mystical portal for runaway socks exists here as well.

You might find this thread answers your other question:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...shing+machines
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

Get yourself a little laundry bag to put the socks (and other small items ) in before you put them in the wash..
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Get yourself a little laundry bag to put the socks (and other small items ) in before you put them in the wash..
Thats far too organised

Last edited by windog; Mar 1st 2007 at 6:42 pm. Reason: Dyslexia :-)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windog
Thats far too organised
I agree, but I also think that it is a good idea to try.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:06 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i have the opposite problem,i find socks that i have never seen before,and the odd pair of undercrackers...

i just cant work it out
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aston man
i have the opposite problem,i find socks that i have never seen before,and the odd pair of undercrackers...

i just cant work it out
You're obviously at the other end of the mystical portal!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:03 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Womat
I'm afraid the answer is yes, the mystical portal for runaway socks exists here as well.

You might find this thread answers your other question:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...shing+machines

Buy one in the UK (if you can afford it, a Miele) and ship it.

A quality (normally German ) washing machine is not cheap, but the best ones are generally European, and are a LOT cheaper than Oz.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:58 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Originally Posted by aston man

i just cant work it out
Hi,
don't suppose any of the undercrackers have spider man on them?? my youngest had a set of 5 now there's only 3 left???
I imagine that the removal men will find alot of the stuff...
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:05 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Originally Posted by furkew
Buy one in the UK (if you can afford it, a Miele) and ship it.

A quality (normally German ) washing machine is not cheap, but the best ones are generally European, and are a LOT cheaper than Oz.
Hi,
never heard of miele before, just checked on Kelkoo, do they find what needs to be washed, dry it and iron it for you?? at that price they'd better!!!!
Are they really that good as I will invest if they are. Do you have one? I've been through 3 washing machines in 9 years (granted the one I use now is my Grandad's it's really old, wasn't allowed to buy a new one till we moved). I just read somewhere that they are really expensive in Oz, Which type would you suggest as there are stacks, I use the machine every other day ish, hoping that loads will be smaller in Oz ( just shorts and t-shirts)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:33 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bushpig,we have just purchased all are white electrical equipment(silver in are case )from Harvey Norm(check out their website).We purchased an Ariston washing machine at $899 .But then saved loads over all as the lovely salesman knock a load of the total!

I decided against one of those twin tub things though.As the one in are rental, keeps nicking the bones out of my bras.So many thanks for the tip of using a landery bag.

Last edited by lor; Mar 1st 2007 at 10:40 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

I know alot of peeps will scoff at Hotpoint, but we took our hotpoint with us to Cairns and it worked great apet from we put the same amount of powder in it as we do in blighty and filled the garage

We still have the Hotpoint back in the UK and is still going strong
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:58 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushpig
Hi,
never heard of miele before, just checked on Kelkoo, do they find what needs to be washed, dry it and iron it for you?? at that price they'd better!!!!
Are they really that good as I will invest if they are. Do you have one? I've been through 3 washing machines in 9 years (granted the one I use now is my Grandad's it's really old, wasn't allowed to buy a new one till we moved). I just read somewhere that they are really expensive in Oz, Which type would you suggest as there are stacks, I use the machine every other day ish, hoping that loads will be smaller in Oz ( just shorts and t-shirts)
A miele will give you at least 15 years (and probably 20 years) good service.

We have had our washing machine & dryer for 9 years, and apart from washing a pocket full of stones once, we have never had a problem with them. Before these we had Miele's that where 18 years old (we had a fire, so we had to replace them)

They dont hang the washing up to dry or iron, but other than that, they are well worth every penny.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
A miele will give you at least 15 years (and probably 20 years) good service.

We have had our washing machine & dryer for 9 years, and apart from washing a pocket full of stones once, we have never had a problem with them. Before these we had Miele's that where 18 years old (we had a fire, so we had to replace them)

They dont hang the washing up to dry or iron, but other than that, they are well worth every penny.
Miele also make the best dishwashers and vacuum cleaners. Cost a bit, but you get what you pay for. I would definitely bring a front loading decent washing machine with you as the top loaders here are absolute s***.

Jo
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:57 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Miele also make the best dishwashers and vacuum cleaners. Cost a bit, but you get what you pay for. I would definitely bring a front loading decent washing machine with you as the top loaders here are absolute s***.

Jo
We also have a vacuum cleaner from Miele, and all our kitchen utilitiesare from Siemens. Both brands are top class.

The Germans are good at something at least.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.