Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Washing machine advice please.

Washing machine advice please.

Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:20 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Washing machine advice please.

OK I'm sorry I know its boring but I just don't know what to do now.
When we decided to rent the house we were doing so with the W/m & T/d but then we decided to sell and ship it as heard good front loaders are expensive (our is a 7kg LG cost £450 4 years ago). Well we are now renting the house out (not got tenants yet) as it is just not selling and we want to get over to OZ. We have got removals in on monday and quote includes w/m & T/d.
Advice on what to do,
Leave it anyway and just buy new and ask removals for a bit more money off,
Take it and get a cheap one to put in its place or just tell tenants it doesn't come with them inc.
Its these little decisions that are really getting to me at the moment and plus the fact I still am not sleeping properly my stomach is all over the place.
I tell you what getting the visa was no where near as stressful as actually attempting to move, just can't wait to get over there so all this can end.
Glad I have BE to come to when I need advice and a moan, cheers everyone.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing machine advice please.

I've got a 7.5kg Samsung front loader, bought it for $599 last year and it's excellent. So there are cheap but decent front loaders about, just got to look for them.

Also haggle, I got $250 knocked off because I bought a Fridge, hoover, microwave and TV from the same shop (also got lots knocked off them too).
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:30 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
When we decided to rent the house we were doing so with the W/m & T/d but then we decided to sell and ship it as heard good front loaders are expensive (our is a 7kg LG cost £450 4 years ago). Well we are now renting the house out (not got tenants yet) as it is just not selling and we want to get over to OZ. We have got removals in on monday and quote includes w/m & T/d.
Advice on what to do,
Take it and get a cheap one to put in its place or just tell tenants it doesn't come with them inc.
Its these little decisions that are really getting to me at the moment and plus the fact I still am not sleeping properly my stomach is all over the place.
I tell you what getting the visa was no where near as stressful as actually attempting to move, just can't wait to get over there so all this can end.
Ive got a 7kg LG I bought last year it cost $650 less the $150 rebate cos its **** worked out at $500.....If its a condensor dryer I would bring it cos they r expensive here.....and are shitty wee things
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Advice on what to do,
Just keep in mind that if you leave the appliances then you will be responsible for their maintenance if anything goes wrong. Whenever we rented in the UK it came with an oven and hob and no other electrical appliances so my advice would be take the w/m and t/d with you.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Advice on what to do,
If you leave them in your rental here you will be responsible for replacing them if they go wrong, good luck with the move
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:35 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

we were advised by our letting agents to put a disclaimer in for electrical goods stating that if it broke they the tenants were to dispose of it and it would not be maintained by us
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I have used the combined washer/dryer machines and the dry function is very poor taking sometimes several hours and leaving damp clothing.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:52 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you renting out your house unfurnished or furnished? If it's unfurnished then it wouldn't be expected to have a washer or dryer and I'd get them shipped over.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:08 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Thanks to everyone for your experiences and advice, I think seeing as though we have already told removals its going and paid for shipping we will probably take it as I don't think they will knock any more money off as we have already haggled and got £300 off the move. Am going to have a word with potential tenant to see what thier expectaions are.
We are renting house as unfurnished.
Thanks everyone.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for your experiences and advice, I think seeing as though we have already told removals its going and paid for shipping we will probably take it as I don't think they will knock any more money off as we have already haggled and got £300 off the move. Am going to have a word with potential tenant to see what thier expectaions are.
We are renting house as unfurnished.
Thanks everyone.
if you are renting as unfurnished then you dont leave the washer and dryer or anything like that
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

If you buy a front loader (with a good water use rating) the QLD Government give you a $200 rebate

** sorry just read your profile and you're going to NSW
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I personally like top loaders - at least that stray sock can be popped in without waiting a week!