Wikiposts

washing machine

Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of
Default washing machine

hi did anyone take their washing machine and do they work in oz ours is 18 months old and we heard so many conflicting stories that they work and some don't its a hotpoint wf860 model if any one would know if it works we would be grateful to hear

Ann
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:15 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: washing machine

Originally Posted by Mumfords
hi did anyone take their washing machine and do they work in oz ours is 18 months old and we heard so many conflicting stories that they work and some don't its a hotpoint wf860 model if any one would know if it works we would be grateful to hear

Ann
Defo take it. Front loaders are not that common here and they are quieter, use less water and less likely to eat your socks!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Thanks worzel we will be taking it, but i think whatever washing machine you have they tend to eat socks:curse: i wish they would eat them in pairs instead of leaving an odd one Thanks again for your reply

Ann
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks worzel we will be taking it, but i think whatever washing machine you have they tend to eat socks:curse: i wish they would eat them in pairs instead of leaving an odd one Thanks again for your reply

Ann
think its a world wide problem maybe we should mulder &scully to investigate it .................the missing sock mystery
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
think its a world wide problem maybe we should mulder &scully to investigate it .................the missing sock mystery
I have been in Oz for 6 months and a week and my family (4 of us) have accumulated 14 odd socks as counted after the last wash....

Where the hell are they???

AND I have a front-loader........
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katherined0
I have been in Oz for 6 months and a week and my family (4 of us) have accumulated 14 odd socks as counted after the last wash....

I Get round this problem by only buying black socks and i am the only one in the family who wears socks i still loose them but never have any odd ones

John
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:53 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Katherined0

well I bought over my Aeg washing machine with me and how glad am I after seeing the cost of purchasing a similar one over here. I made sure it was cold fill only because some daft twit in the family said something about them only being cold fill in Australia but it doesn't matter in the laundry room there is both a cold and hot attatchment for it.
I really don't like top loaders they seem to twist and rip things to bits, not to mention the inability to actually clean anything.
Jenny
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We have a Miele washing machine that is only a year old. Everyone has advised to take it with us when we go so we will be I think.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:01 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I Get round this problem by only buying black socks and i am the only one in the family who wears socks i still loose them but never have any odd ones

John

This is my pile of odd socks , maybe if someone has similier colors we could do a swopsies ?
Attached Thumbnails washing machine-cimg1373.jpg  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TeresaG
We have a Miele washing machine that is only a year old. Everyone has advised to take it with us when we go so we will be I think.
Bring it with you for sure, we have those machines so you will be able to get spare parts if necessary.

I think that is the only downside to bringing a washing machine over here, the spare parts issue
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:33 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auspal
Bring it with you for sure, we have those machines so you will be able to get spare parts if necessary.

I think that is the only downside to bringing a washing machine over here, the spare parts issue
my view on washing machine.....WHY?.........
my view on odd socks......
they travel through a portal in space......
back to their own planet..
odd socks are aliens...
they live off toe jam and take our DNA back to their planet to clone us!!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by why
odd socks are aliens...

Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by why
odd socks are aliens...
Is that where all the forks are too then
when we moved out of house 3 weeks ago we where down to 4 forks (we had about 20 knifes though) I was convinced when we cleared my teenage sons bedroom they would be there BUT no
No forks or odd socks found anywhere !!! very very bizarre more confusing than the meaning of life
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Ann
Hi there we brought our hotpoint over 2 yrs ago just be mindful you cant get spare parts for hotpoint in Oz we need a part and had to get my family to send it from the UK.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by worzel
Defo take it. Front loaders are not that common here and they are quieter, use less water and less likely to eat your socks!
realy,.? isn't it funny the different experiences we have..as i had a front loader..and a lot of people i know do too..they are preffered over the top loader..as they use less water.....however in saying all that i dont' know how popular they are in the UK..maybe that is the norm over there....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.