British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Washing Machine (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/washing-machine-172008/)

Jo Cousins Aug 13th 2003 11:41 am

Washing Machine

Does anyone know if we will be able to take our Hoover washing machine out to Oz and get parts for it if necessary???? Contemplating taking it as i am not too keen on the top loader machines they have out there - last time it wrecked a lot of my clothes - and i hear the front loaders are a bit expensive?

mr mover Aug 13th 2003 11:55 am

Re: Washing Machine

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Does anyone know if we will be able to take our Hoover washing machine out to Oz and get parts for it if necessary???? Contemplating taking it as i am not too keen on the top loader machines they have out there - last time it wrecked a lot of my clothes - and i hear the front loaders are a bit expensive?
yes not a problem but make sure you get it, prepared for the journey, ie the retaining bolts put in properly!!and every thing secured........:D :beer: MM

Jo Cousins Aug 13th 2003 12:18 pm

washing machine

Thanks mr Mover - we will be using a shipping company as recommended by this site - just waiting for some quotes to come back.

Thanks again
jo

tinaj Aug 13th 2003 4:42 pm

You can buy front loaders in most places out there now. I have my eye on a 7kg LG model, $799 dollars and above. They sell the same model over here in Currys.

I am not bothering taking mine as the capacity is too small, better if you have lots of kids to buy a large front loader.

Kiwipaul Aug 14th 2003 12:51 am

Originally posted by mr mover
yes not a problem but make sure you get it, prepared for the journey, ie the retaining bolts put in properly!!and every thing secured........:D :beer: MM
Agreed some of the people they send aren't the brightest and you will be much better off doing this yourself.

I shipped my 10 year old washer from the UK and it did stout service for another 5 in NZ before it fell apart. You will have trouble with spare parts but electrial goods are pretty reliable now a days.

mr mover Aug 14th 2003 9:48 am

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Agreed some of the people they send aren't the brightest and you will be much better off doing this yourself.

I shipped my 10 year old washer from the UK and it did stout service for another 5 in NZ before it fell apart. You will have trouble with spare parts but electrial goods are pretty reliable now a days.
Our company actually has a guy ,who comes around the day before, and secures the machine, [another service industry} and he makes a quid out of it $60 a machine,, the company loves it ,our insurance pay outs are nil on w/machines.......

Jo Cousins Aug 14th 2003 11:24 am

Company name??

Mr mover - probably a bit slow on the uptake here but what company would that be for the w/machine removal??

mr mover Aug 14th 2003 5:30 pm

Re: Company name??

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Mr mover - probably a bit slow on the uptake here but what company would that be for the w/machine removal??
We move the machines ,www.grace.com.au . This guy is a wash/mach mechanic who charges us to secure the machine for transit, every machine is different....and some i would,nt move across the street unless they are secure, generally your local white goods store should be able to put you on to someone who can do this..............:D :beer: MM