WARWICK

Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice
Smile WARWICK

Does anyone have views on Warwick Qld? We were all set to relocate to the outskirts of Brisbane but have a potential job offer in Warwick so are researching this too.
Anyone who lives there or knows anyne that does please tells us what you think of the area, things to do etc.
I am thinking house cost may be cheaper and it may be easier for my husband to find work. There will most certainly be less of a commute for me.

Ideas, opinions please

Jo x
Old Oct 7th 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WARWICK

Originally Posted by jomac1290
Does anyone have views on Warwick Qld? We were all set to relocate to the outskirts of Brisbane but have a potential job offer in Warwick so are researching this too.
Anyone who lives there or knows anyne that does please tells us what you think of the area, things to do etc.
I am thinking house cost may be cheaper and it may be easier for my husband to find work. There will most certainly be less of a commute for me.

Ideas, opinions please

Jo x
Hi I do quite a bit of work at a company in Warwick and stay over quite a bit. Yes, its quite an OK place...not the worst country QLD town I have been to and not the best. Its clean and safe.

If you are looking for things to do, I would say not a lot - at least during the week. the whole town is dead by 6PM and there isnt a sole on the street. Say if I go to the one main pub for an evening meal there will be about 6 people in there.

As its a reasonable size town, it does have all the usual array of shopping and there are soem nice parks down by the river that runs through the town.

I think it depends what you want...alot of those country QLD towns can be a shock to the system if you have always lived in a big town or city in the UK.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Ideas, opinions please

Jo x
We researched quite a few regional towns in NSW and Qld and have ended up settling at one in NSW, everyone is different but personally living anywhere near one of the major cities would be hell on earth or come to that they maze of suburbs surrounding them but each to their own.

I pass through Warwick when I head up to Qld to see a friend, looks a nice place and I thought it a fair size. We researched all the areas that we were interested in and then visited for ourselves, when you visit you'll get a feeling for the place and book into a motel for a couple of days it worked for us, although it has to be said we actually liked all the areas we'd picked both when researching them and when we visited, so after that it came down to work and house prices.

Found this info on web;

Warwick is situated 160 kilometres south west of Brisbane and borders on fertile farmlands and the rolling hills of the Great Dividing Range. The town is strategically located at the junction of major highways from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

The area was discovered in 1827 by explorer Allan Cunningham and settled in 1840 by the Leslie brothers who began the tradition of the pastoralist, sheep and wool industry in Queensland.

The Warwick area boasts some of Queensland's finest historical sandstone buildings, which were made from local sandstone and now stand today as reminders of their pioneering past.

Known as the 'Rose and Rodeo City', Warwick hosts one of Australia's oldest and most famous rodeos each year in October. The Warwick Rodeo can trace its roots back to 1857 where records indicate the first professional buckjumping contest. Each year riders from around the nation compete for their share of the prize money.

During the spring months, Warwick showcases its wonderful roses throughout its parks and gardens. The red 'City of Warwick' or Arafuto Rose was developed especially for the town.

During the winter months, Brass Monkey Season, the streets of Warwick come alive with the Jumpers and Jazz in July festival. This festival is a unique display of local wit, charm and colour, with custom knitted jumpers for the deciduous trees of the main street.

Warwick has excellent shopping facilities and the Indoor Recreation and Aquatic Centre provides a first class gymnasium with swimming pools which are heated during winter allowing for use all year round. Other attractions include the Historical Museum, Regional Art Gallery, and an 18 hole golf course. Leslie Dam is located 13 kilometres west of Warwick and provides for fishing, swimming, and boating, and also has picnic areas for day visitors and camping areas for longer stays.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/queenslan...500203807.html

http://www.about-australia.com/queen...tions/warwick/
Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy66
During the winter months, Brass Monkey Season, the streets of Warwick come alive with the Jumpers and Jazz in July festival. This festival is a unique display of local wit, charm and colour, with custom knitted jumpers for the deciduous trees of the main street.

Warwick has excellent shopping facilities
What is it they say...don't believe everything you read.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:18 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I would echo the thoughts of Red_v_roger. I've also been to plenty of regional towns through work, and Warwick is one of the better ones in qld.

However, it is dead in the evenings during the week.

Hopefully someone who actually lives there (or closeby) will post on this thread.... obviously, visiting a place for a few nights, and actually living there, are two very different things.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Only spent a few hours in Warwick.....it has a good feel though.

Expect it to get very cold in the winter!
Old Oct 8th 2010, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Thank you all for your replies.
Yes I kinda thought it might be quiet enough. I have 2 teenagers so maybe I should stick nearer Brissy?
As for cold in winter i guess thats still warmer than UK
Thanks Again
Jo x
Old Oct 8th 2010, 10:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your replies.
Yes I kinda thought it might be quiet enough. I have 2 teenagers so maybe I should stick nearer Brissy?
As for cold in winter i guess thats still warmer than UK
Thanks Again
Jo x
You can expect frost, and temps at or below freezing point in winter.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can expect frost, and temps at or below freezing point in winter.
And no central heating or double glazing. Gets very cold in Ipswich. I was surprised at how cold it gets & I hear Warwick gets colder.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
And no central heating or double glazing. Gets very cold in Ipswich. I was surprised at how cold it gets & I hear Warwick gets colder.
It does, been out there in winter, I like it, but then I love snow and ice!