Reload this Page >

Warning when booking flights!!

Wikiposts

Warning when booking flights!!

Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:00 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warning when booking flights!!

Dont make the same mistake we've just done. Booked our one way flight to Perth but forgot to say it was on a migration visa. Therefore we cannot claim the 40 kilo baggage allowance each person!! also we were going from Manchester to Heathrow to pick up the Qantas flight and so BA would not have allowed us the extra baggage anyway. YOU MUST tell them when you book your flight. Also I think you will nrrd your visa number. Come all this way and balls up this last bit!!:lecture:
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh! Thanks for the warning

Sindy
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Warning when booking flights!!

GOOD INFO BROX

AND GOOD LUCK
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for that advice and good luck with it all.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Warning when booking flights!!

Originally posted by brox
Dont make the same mistake we've just done. Booked our one way flight to Perth but forgot to say it was on a migration visa. Therefore we cannot claim the 40 kilo baggage allowance each person!! also we were going from Manchester to Heathrow to pick up the Qantas flight and so BA would not have allowed us the extra baggage anyway. YOU MUST tell them when you book your flight. Also I think you will nrrd your visa number. Come all this way and balls up this last bit!!:lecture:
Hi Brox,

Thanks for that,

Good Luck in Perth
Old Apr 9th 2003, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

mikenvonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Warning when booking flights!!

Originally posted by brox
Hi and congrats

Thanks for the good advice, take the balls up at the last bit with a pintch of salt and say life is sweet!

Good Luck
Yvonne
B R I S B A N E B O U N D! everything crossed
Old Apr 9th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

We flew on Tuesday, only had 20 kilos each (4 of us) but managed to fill 5 suitcases and 3 holdalls. Had max hand luggage too, only had dimensions on our tickets so didn't realise there was a weight limit too. We flew Malaysian, weight of hand luggage not to exceed 7 kilos. We seem to have managed okay, even brought my daughters bed side lamp that was forgotten when we shipped stuff, so don't panic too much!
Old Apr 9th 2003, 6:57 pm
No wuckin furries mate

Gawd Loopy you didn't waste anytime getting back on line. How's it going so far? Did you change at Kuala Lumpar or Singapore? How was it ref. SARS
Old Apr 10th 2003, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have had to go over to validate your visa cos you were given a date four weeks hence to do it (quick in and out jobbie) does that mean that you can't then use the immigrant allowance of 40 kilos when you actually emigrate a bit later on

By the way anyone know any good one way deals to Adelaide at the moment (for June)

Elaine
Old Apr 10th 2003, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct, if your visa is stamped you can't have the extra.
We tried that too.

Mash..
Originally posted by grubelice
If you have had to go over to validate your visa cos you were given a date four weeks hence to do it (quick in and out jobbie) does that mean that you can't then use the immigrant allowance of 40 kilos when you actually emigrate a bit later on

By the way anyone know any good one way deals to Adelaide at the moment (for June)

Elaine
Old Apr 10th 2003, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Loopy, well done on getting there, how did it all go?

Mash..
Originally posted by Loopy
We flew on Tuesday, only had 20 kilos each (4 of us) but managed to fill 5 suitcases and 3 holdalls. Had max hand luggage too, only had dimensions on our tickets so didn't realise there was a weight limit too. We flew Malaysian, weight of hand luggage not to exceed 7 kilos. We seem to have managed okay, even brought my daughters bed side lamp that was forgotten when we shipped stuff, so don't panic too much!
Old Apr 10th 2003, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

that's a bit of a swizzz..

if you get a return ticket it's pretty obvious you're comiing home but if you get a one way it's pretty obvious you're not!!

cheers

richard
Old Apr 10th 2003, 6:55 pm
No wuckin furries mate

[That's what we thought. We even rang Qantas and BA but they wouldn't help. We could have cancelled the tickets and rebooked but the cancellation fee was £175 per ticket. The ticket's only cost us £310 each anyway. MAJOR rethink going on reg. the luggage.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We did get our 40 kilo allowance, 3 suitcases stuffed full and weighing 40 kilo's each, Perfect.

Oh no, you can have the 40 kilo's to your stop off no problem but Perth international airport handlers will not handle luggage over 32 kilo's so at check-in Heathrow we had to buy another suitcase and distrupute the weight between the 4 cases. It was great, NOT, the whole queue saw my awful packing skills and my knickers which all on top!!!! And I am not one for showing my knickers unless I have had at least a litre of Vodka!!

Hope this saves everyone from the embrasessment that we endured!!

Tra la la

Love Jo xx
Old Apr 13th 2003, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

You may be okay without the allowance anyway, we didnt let the airline know in time, and ended up travelling with urm 44 kgs each. Nothing was said at Heathrow (singapore airlines) however at Singapore they did notice the over abundance but gave us up to 80kgs free with a bit of eyelash fluttering and telling them we were migrating. and doing a little more fluttering. The 8kgs we got away with by having no hand luguage, so we claimed that as our allowance!! bTherefore didnt have to pay excess baggage fees at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.