Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Warning for the South East ...

Wikiposts

Warning for the South East ...

Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:23 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Oh no not another OZ is perfect post.

Sydney is full of smog, known for it, especially for months on end in Bushfires. Brisbane naturally delightful with all that humidity joined with smoke from bushfires and development burnoffs. Sunny coast, lovely in sugar cane season it rains black ash, called black snow, which is the ash from the sugar cane burn offs.

No we dont have TB, we do have dengue fever, ross river fever and about eight othre viruses spread by mosquitoes.

England has problems, Australia has problems cant people see that by now.
Dotty we do have TB cases here , it's low but I think it's about a thousand cases per year - immigrants mostly.

smog in the Uk , I was reading the Beeb last night there was an article on the front page about it , it was only in a few parts/areas of Britain partly because of a "heatwave" their having 26c I think it was (without going on the beeb site to have a look for the link) Brisbane today around 27c - same weather you people in Britain are having at the moment - cold munn

cheers

P.s here's the link - just found it http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2952181.stm
Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:23 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Nice to see you on form again just of down the bottle shop for the lads get a carton, must have a drink before we break up for Easter my round I am too much of a soft touch.

Bit expensive but since its Easter why not shout some OB DHW? Stand back and drink only purest Vodka. If you're lucky you might see a Conga Line of MadDogs spontaneously assemble. Just join head to tail for a variation. Figure of eight shows top mastery. Mobius strip Wizard status.

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 16th 2003 at 6:26 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:27 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Bit expensive but since its Easter why not shout some OB DHW? Stand back and drink only purest Vodka. If you're lucky you might see a Conga Line of MadDogs spontaneously assemble. Just join head to tail for a variation. Figure of eight shows too mastery. Mobius strip Wizard status.
Whats a dollar worth not worth bugger at all until you convert it to a carton , could be the answer to the rubber dollars problems , we already do jobs for mates for carton why not get rid of the dollar and bring in the carton?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 16th 2003 at 6:44 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
Dotty we do have TB cases here , it's low but I think it's about a thousand cases per year - immigrants mostly.

smog in the Uk , I was reading the Beeb last night there was an article on the front page about it , it was only in a few parts/areas of Britain partly because of a "heatwave" their having 26c I think it was (without going on the beeb site to have a look for the link) Brisbane today around 27c - same weather you people in Britain are having at the moment - cold munn

cheers

P.s here's the link - just found it http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2952181.stm

Sorry about saying we dont have TB, should have realised that it would be here same as anywhere else.

LOL about the 26 degree heatwave, its about that here and I have long pants and jacket on.

I remember one guy writing on this forum ages ago, how well he felt he would cope with the Aussie heat as he loved the heat and humidity!!! of english heatwaves. He went on how it was probably hotter there on those days than we get here. It was one of those 40 degree plus days at the time and I remember cracking up laughing, thanks for the giggle.
Old Apr 18th 2003, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, there was'nt a big problem with the smog, well not too much anyway ...

Flukin loads of traffic though, the M25, then wait for it THE M40, now that was a joke on Thursday pm

Surely we can improve on this ...

Cheers fellow Pommies,
Old Apr 18th 2003, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

30 mile traffic jam on the M1 too, all day Thursday.
Mad

Mash.......

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Actually, there was'nt a big problem with the smog, well not too much anyway ...

Flukin loads of traffic though, the M25, then wait for it THE M40, now that was a joke on Thursday pm

Surely we can improve on this ...

Cheers fellow Pommies,
Old Apr 18th 2003, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mashiraz
30 mile traffic jam on the M1 too, all day Thursday.
Mad

Mash.......
Hi Mash,

I heard about this mega traffic JAM on the M1, where is everyone going apart from home and hols SO MANY CARS grrrrr ...

Want to ask, why Adelaide, er you have me thinking

Cheers,

p.s. how's the house going,
Old Apr 18th 2003, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Crash on M1 so I don't think it was just holiday traffic.

Adelaide is beautiful, lots of green open space around the small city, not far to barossa valley with loads of wineries, penned in with hills on one side so can't sprawl, and some lovely property with views to the sea. Beaches are fine, some really hot seaside property, trendy marinas etc (if you like that sort of thing), more restaurants per capita, house prices are still cheaper, but still rising. Unfortunately, depending what you do, more limited job prospects, some fine hospitals for nurses though!

House sale still progressing, they brought their kids to see it today and instructed solicitor, so I think we are cooking!

Have a nice Easter
Mash...

Hi Mash,

I heard about this mega traffic JAM on the M1, where is everyone going apart from home and hols SO MANY CARS grrrrr ...

Want to ask, why Adelaide, er you have me thinking

Cheers,

p.s. how's the house going,
Old Apr 18th 2003, 9:31 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Adelaide is beautiful, lots of green open space around the small city, not far to barossa valley with loads of wineries, penned in with hills on one side so can't sprawl, and some lovely property with views to the sea. Beaches are fine, some really hot seaside property, trendy marinas etc (if you like that sort of thing), more restaurants per capita, house prices are still cheaper, but still rising. Unfortunately, depending what you do, more limited job prospects, some fine hospitals for nurses though!

House sale still progressing, they brought their kids to see it today and instructed solicitor, so I think we are cooking!

Have a nice Easter
Mash...

Lots of Luck with the house
Old Apr 18th 2003, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Have a nice Easter
Mash...
Hi Mash,

Great news on the house,

Have you any good Adelaide property links, just interested,
Old Apr 18th 2003, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...ch?a=bhp&t=res
www.toop.com.au
http://www.professionals.com.au/
http://www.sextonglover.com/
http://www.adelaidehomes.com.au/

A few for now....
Mash...

Hi Mash,

Great news on the house,

Have you any good Adelaide property links, just interested,
Old Apr 18th 2003, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mash,
Old Apr 18th 2003, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Interestingly enough just spoken to my wife on the phone (she is in UK visiting). She is mildly asthmatic but since being in NZ she has stopped using her inhaler. On this visit she tells me she is using it 10 times a day!
Old Apr 18th 2003, 11:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by muppetking
Interestingly enough just spoken to my wife on the phone (she is in UK visiting). She is mildly asthmatic but since being in NZ she has stopped using her inhaler. On this visit she tells me she is using it 10 times a day!
In the UK I've been on the blue and the brown ones for years.

I've not used them once in the last 6 weeks over here in WA.

It could be psychological, but hey, who cares!

Dan
Old Apr 18th 2003, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by muppetking

When I go to Canada I never use my inhaler , in England I suck on the thing to get some air, not nice let me tell you.............
:scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.