Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A warning for parents - very important

A warning for parents - very important

Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default A warning for parents - very important

Last year in feb a fellow photographer lost her daughter in a tragic, but preventable accident. Her family are devastated. They are raising awareness of Ava's accident to highlight what happened and how you can prevent this happening to your wee ones.

Ava was 3yrs old, she went looking for lollies and climbed into her parents car - she closed the doors. By the time her parents realised she was missing, she was overcome by the heat in the car. They found her unconscious, she spent 3 days in ITU but passed away. They are still waiting the coroners report but believe she suffered brain damage from the excessive heat.

You have to think like a 3 yr old, how many times when you were younger do you remember letting yourself into your parents car, and sitting there at the steering wheel pretending to drive. The difference was we grew up in a cooler climate. Here, you cannot take risks.

Park the car in shelter if possible
Never leave children and babies in the car - it sounds common sense but how many times have you seen kids strapped into their car seats, in the car while Mum or Dad just pop into the shop?
Lock the car and put the keys in a place where your toddlers can't get to them.

Please visit Ava's website, there are some beautiful images of her and some more tips on how to keep your littlens safe.

http://avarosemeyer.memory-of.com/About.aspx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A warning for parents - very important

Ive just read this and the website. Im writing this crying. I wish the family and friends of this precious little girl love and my prayers are with them all.

God bless Ava

Suexx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk
Ive just read this and the website. Im writing this crying. I wish the family and friends of this precious little girl love and my prayers are with them all.

God bless Ava

Suexx
Hi Sue, thanx, this is Sheye's personal blogsite, there are more images of her plus an account of how they're doing and coping.

http://sheyerosemeyer.blogspot.com
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

What a beautiful little girl. I cant imagine what they are going through. By getting there story out there lets hope it can save some other children

Nicky
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

melaniepittam is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh how very very sad. Thinking of them all at this terrible time.

Melanie x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Read it and cried..how awful. That poor family.
What a beautiful little girl.

Nickie
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

that is so sad

my deepest sympthanys go out to the family on this terrible accident

and it just highlights how us brits have got to be carefull with the heat we are not used to, its just a shame it has to happen like this so unfair
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh this heartbreaking.
I have a little girl about the same age, and just reading the webpage brought me to tears.

I cant imagine the heartache they must be going through.

My deepest sympathy for the family and friends of Ava

Gems
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

how terribly terribly sad and tragic.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

That is so sad.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:40 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

How awful. I can't even imagine what the family must be going through.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

seljohn is a jewel in the roughseljohn is a jewel in the roughseljohn is a jewel in the roughseljohn is a jewel in the rough

Just read the story, tears rolling, how very sad, our thoughts are with you xxxx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hi Sue, thanx, this is Sheye's personal blogsite, there are more images of her plus an account of how they're doing and coping.

So very sad, made me cry reading about their loss - and the pictures - what beautiful pictures of the whole family.... You can feel the love for those children through that camera lens....
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by glittababe

Thanx for the link. Dont think ive ever cried as much as i just have i must have needed it. It does get easier with time although never forgotten.

Good luck to all the family

Suexx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:57 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for posting this - I used to play in cars in NZ growing up and I would never have thought of this happening in such a short time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.