Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Warning to all those that have booked shipping

Warning to all those that have booked shipping

Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Warning to all those that have booked shipping

We'd already booked out shipping and had already paid. The shipping company rany me today and told me that the shipping lines have increased their costs for UK -> Aus/NZ and those costs were being passed onto me.....and extra GBP 450 !!!!!!

I'm being told that these costs are being applied across all removal firms - and invited me to check with rival compnaies to prove the point!!!

...am now busy trying to see whether they have any contractual right to do this.

Neil
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:55 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Warning to all those that have booked shipping

We were told about this from one shipping company when we were getting quotes. They said as long as we booked before the end of February when the charges were going up then we wouldn't have to pay them.

?????

Originally Posted by wongstonn
We'd already booked out shipping and had already paid. The shipping company rany me today and told me that the shipping lines have increased their costs for UK -> Aus/NZ and those costs were being passed onto me.....and extra GBP 450 !!!!!!

I'm being told that these costs are being applied across all removal firms - and invited me to check with rival compnaies to prove the point!!!

...am now busy trying to see whether they have any contractual right to do this.

Neil
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

I've been getting quotes recently, and to be fair they have all said that the costs were going up 1st March 2005. I did receive a pack from one that had a letter from December stating they were going up, so they have know for a while. In fact, I queried one shipper about how long the quote would last for and they said until next March as they have just gone up, so maybe this is a regular increase and they have known about it for ages. Which means they should have told you.

I also have a question about shipping.

Has anyone received a quote and then had to pay more than the quoted price because of things not on the inventory list (I don't mean customs charges). i.e new things you've bought or just missed out when the consultant came around to quote. The inventories they do look quite simple which does leave a bit of a grey area when it comes to figuring out what the price includes furniture wise. Just wondering how flexible they are, as this would be a good chance for them to up the price because a chair wasn't on the list and therefore is extra.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:48 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

We were told shipping was going up when the ship people upped their prices in March sometime.

The best quote we`ve had so far was from Eagle ( http://www.eaglegroup-online.com/home.htm ), who quoted us just under £3k for door - door (UK - Perth, without unpacking at the destination as we don`t need it) 20 ft container.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stormz
We were told shipping was going up when the ship people upped their prices in March sometime.

The best quote we`ve had so far was from Eagle ( http://www.eaglegroup-online.com/home.htm ), who quoted us just under £3k for door - door (UK - Perth, without unpacking at the destination as we don`t need it) 20 ft container.
Does this price include VAT??

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:55 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tabby

Thanks
Hopefully. You made me check and I couldn`t see so I`ve e-mailed them to make sure. It`s £2,750.00 door-door with packing here and self-unpacking there. Will post here about the tax or not.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about

You dont pay vat when shipping into another country.

Sarah.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:12 am
Superfreak!!

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
You dont pay vat when shipping into another country.

Sarah.
Way to GO!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alrobson
I've been getting quotes recently, and to be fair they have all said that the costs were going up 1st March 2005. I did receive a pack from one that had a letter from December stating they were going up, so they have know for a while. In fact, I queried one shipper about how long the quote would last for and they said until next March as they have just gone up, so maybe this is a regular increase and they have known about it for ages. Which means they should have told you.

I also have a question about shipping.

Has anyone received a quote and then had to pay more than the quoted price because of things not on the inventory list (I don't mean customs charges). i.e new things you've bought or just missed out when the consultant came around to quote. The inventories they do look quite simple which does leave a bit of a grey area when it comes to figuring out what the price includes furniture wise. Just wondering how flexible they are, as this would be a good chance for them to up the price because a chair wasn't on the list and therefore is extra.

The quote is just a rough guide as they are estimating the volume - the real price comes when they actually take your goods away and work out the exact volume and price - mine was nearly hundred pound cheaper!!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:28 am
Superfreak!!

Just to confirm tha I`ve spoen to Eagle and the quote I got of £2750 door-door (UK - Perth, inc packing here but self-unpack there) for a 20ft container is correct:

"The quote of £2,750.00 is inclusive of all taxes.

The price we have given you does include the quarterly rise and
is valid until the end of this month."

ta-da! Will ask them to give us a quote for the car as well, to compare.

Eagle Relocations Ltd
www.eaglefreight.co.uk

T: +44 (0) 870 421 5624

F: +44 (0) 1473 833 685

Last edited by Stormz; Mar 1st 2005 at 10:29 am. Reason: adding info
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Just to confirm tha I`ve spoen to Eagle and the quote I got of £2750 door-door (UK - Perth, inc packing here but self-unpack there) for a 20ft container is correct:

"The quote of £2,750.00 is inclusive of all taxes.

The price we have given you does include the quarterly rise and
is valid until the end of this month."

ta-da! Will ask them to give us a quote for the car as well, to compare.

Eagle Relocations Ltd
www.eaglefreight.co.uk

T: +44 (0) 870 421 5624

F: +44 (0) 1473 833 685

Thanks for the heads up on this company. I have never heard of them before, and cant recall seeing any threads on them. If any other people on the forum can give us some info on this company, that would be great.

What Insurance quote have they offered you?
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

More info....

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...showtopic=6823
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:18 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

the agents from various moving companies we have had in quoting have all mentioned the forthcoming price increase..
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

OH NO your scaring me now,we havent had any price quotes yet,hope they dont go up to much before we go in june :scared: has anyone packed there boxes themselves?would this bring the price down at all,or not?

tracey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.