Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Be warned don't be a Banana !!!!!! Please read

Be warned don't be a Banana !!!!!! Please read

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:27 pm
Go Banana's !!

Exclamation Be warned don't be a Banana !!!!!! Please read

My wonderful and dynamic, very own Banana Man, decided as he was in London to take our passports personally to get the visa stamp.
I posted them to him at work by recorded delivery. He recieved them this morning and armed with them and a SAE he bravely took on London.

I wasn't too sure it was the right thing to do and suggested we posted them as stated.
But oh no ! the Banana man thinks he knows best and I think secretly felt like it was a big adventure and more of an event if he took them personally.

However upon arrival he was informed that Australia House don't do them over the counter anymore, wouldn't even let him drop them off. They have to be sent recorded delivery with a SAE special delivery envelope.

Crest fallen and denide the excitement of doing it in person, he had a mooch around London and then went on to his 4pm appointment, the reason he was in London.

So be warned everyone out there. Listen to the Mrs, you know it makes sense.

Jill

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:31 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry that Mr Banana had a wasted journey to Oz house. Bet he enjoyed the pre visit excitement though, and as you said he was there for a meeting anyway. Did he hot foot it to the post office before coming home?

Sarah
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

And don't they hate it when they have to admit that they are wrong?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 5:03 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

He wasn't wrong.........just ill informed !
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 5:14 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Well,

he had his way and say. All it matters is your gonna go to the oz....
Yepeeeee
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

salokin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Be warned don't be a Banana !!!!!! Please read

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
My wonderful and dynamic, very own Banana Man, decided as he was in London to take our passports personally to get the visa stamp.
I posted them to him at work by recorded delivery. He recieved them this morning and armed with them and a SAE he bravely took on London.

I wasn't too sure it was the right thing to do and suggested we posted them as stated.
But oh no ! the Banana man thinks he knows best and I think secretly felt like it was a big adventure and more of an event if he took them personally.

However upon arrival he was informed that Australia House don't do them over the counter anymore, wouldn't even let him drop them off. They have to be sent recorded delivery with a SAE special delivery envelope.

Crest fallen and denide the excitement of doing it in person, he had a mooch around London and then went on to his 4pm appointment, the reason he was in London.

Jill
Hi Jill Isnt it great when the women are right ha ha

Good luck to you in the future where abount in oz you heading

carol
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!

Jill

You left Mr Banana in charge of the passports unattended:scared: Very brave of you
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:38 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

I bet Mr Banana feels a right Lemon!
Still you must be 'Grapeful' that he tried his best.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by pompeywill
I bet Mr Banana feels a right Lemon!
Still you must be 'Grapeful' that he tried his best.
BBBOoooooooooooooooooooooo
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:49 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by plumber
He wasn't wrong.........just ill informed !
Ill informed? Or Jill informed?

That womans quite mad, you know!

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:55 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the counter service ended last November.

There is a big banner on the link below
http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html/

What was the q like at Australia house now the counter service has finished?
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 6:47 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by bondipom
Over the counter service ended last November.

There is a big banner on the link below
http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html/

What was the q like at Australia house now the counter service has finished?

Thanks for your kind comments everyone !!

By the way the way, the queue was.....er non existent !!

Regards

Warren
Mr. Banana
Perth definately in 2004 !!!

Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:53 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Ill informed? Or Jill informed?

That womans quite mad, you know!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo true, but we all love her anyway !!!!!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 9:32 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo true, but we all love her anyway !!!!!!!!
Mairi, are you on the loopy juice tonight celebrating you new job and replied to this thread several months too late !

Or am I in a time warp !!

Enjoy your celebrations.

Warren
I'll bring my own mop to the pole dancing club !!