British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Warnbro, Rockingham (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/warnbro-rockingham-284788/)

Amazulu Feb 16th 2005 10:03 pm

Warnbro, Rockingham

We have been looking at some coastal land in Warnbro. Has anyone got any info about this area?.

michelle-leicester-perth Feb 16th 2005 10:10 pm

Re: Warnbro, Rockingham

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We have been looking at some coastal land in Warnbro. Has anyone got any info about this area?.

hi
warnbro is great, it is close 2 mins to some gtreat surf beACHES, AND 10 MINS FROM THE SAFE SHALLOW BEACHES OF ROCKINGHAM, IT HAS A NICE COMMUNITY AND A GOOD SHOPPING CENTRE.
GO FOR IT
FROM MICHELLE

Amazulu Feb 16th 2005 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by michelle-leicester-perth
hi
warnbro is great, it is close 2 mins to some gtreat surf beACHES, AND 10 MINS FROM THE SAFE SHALLOW BEACHES OF ROCKINGHAM, IT HAS A NICE COMMUNITY AND A GOOD SHOPPING CENTRE.
GO FOR IT
FROM MICHELLE

Thanks for that. The land is right on the beach, on Westray road. 3000m2, so we could sub-divide. It seemed a bit exposed to me, but your description sounds great.

sophia Feb 17th 2005 6:24 am

Thanks for that. The land is right on the beach, on Westray road. 3000m2, so we could sub-divide. It seemed a bit exposed to me, but your description sounds great.

hi amazulu

Warnbro is a pretty good area, especially the beach side. It is just off Fendam street and if I remember rightly a lot of those properties are high up on a hill. Would be a very good investment property providing the plot is sub-divisible (?) cos quite a lot of those up on the hill are large plots but you can't do much with them.

Either check it out in person before you buy, or get someone you trust to look it over for you first. Other than that, it's a good area so you won't go far wrong.

Good luck.

love sophia xx

Amazulu Feb 17th 2005 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by sophia
hi amazulu

Warnbro is a pretty good area, especially the beach side. It is just off Fendam street and if I remember rightly a lot of those properties are high up on a hill. Would be a very good investment property providing the plot is sub-divisible (?) cos quite a lot of those up on the hill are large plots but you can't do much with them.

Either check it out in person before you buy, or get someone you trust to look it over for you first. Other than that, it's a good area so you won't go far wrong.

Good luck.

love sophia xx

Yes in is sub-divisible, plot size is 3000m2, but the building area is 1300m2, so enough space to build 2 houses (which is what we want to do). It is in an elevated position, which makes me think it might be a bit exposed to the elements (estate agent says it will be ok, but then you know estate agents...), but the view would be great & we could have direct access to the beach.

sophia Feb 17th 2005 1:51 pm

Yes in is sub-divisible, plot size is 3000m2, but the building area is 1300m2, so enough space to build 2 houses (which is what we want to do). It is in an elevated position, which makes me think it might be a bit exposed to the elements (estate agent says it will be ok, but then you know estate agents...), but the view would be great & we could have direct access to the beach.

Hiya amazulu

WHAT only 2 houses??? the developers around here would slap at least 5 town houses on a building plot that size!! ;) :D They are starting to have blocks as small as the UK up on the anchorage estate (new estate in rockingham) and Harrington waters!! You should be very definitely ok with just 2 houses.

The homes around that area are very posh!! You will be very exposed to the elements, which will be good and bad (good when the day is very hot as you will be the first to get the sea breeze, and bad on stormy days for obvious reasons.
You will probably want to check that the really bad seaweed smell isn't down that way too. Its very bad on some days along safety bay beach and waikiki beach. I think you need to find out whether you can live with the smell (if it is as far down as there)!!....erm not that I'm trying to put you off or anything, but this is the sort of stuff the real estate agents will neglect to tell you about!

love sophia xx

Amazulu Feb 17th 2005 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by sophia
Hiya amazulu

WHAT only 2 houses??? the developers around here would slap at least 5 town houses on a building plot that size!! ;) :D They are starting to have blocks as small as the UK up on the anchorage estate (new estate in rockingham) and Harrington waters!! You should be very definitely ok with just 2 houses.

The homes around that area are very posh!! You will be very exposed to the elements, which will be good and bad (good when the day is very hot as you will be the first to get the sea breeze, and bad on stormy days for obvious reasons.
You will probably want to check that the really bad seaweed smell isn't down that way too. Its very bad on some days along safety bay beach and waikiki beach. I think you need to find out whether you can live with the smell (if it is as far down as there)!!....erm not that I'm trying to put you off or anything, but this is the sort of stuff the real estate agents will neglect to tell you about!

love sophia xx

Thanks for the tip about the sea weed, had not thought about that. We are looking at other land, but this looks good. Estate agent is emailing some more photos & I'm trying to get him to do an mpeg video as well.