Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to Australia when covid dies down?

Wanting to move to Australia when covid dies down?

Old Dec 30th 2020, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

samtheman40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to Australia when covid dies down?

I am half English and half NZ/Kiwi. I was born in New Zealand but brought up in the U.K. my dad is English my mum is Kiwi.I have never really fitted into the U.K. way of life. Possibly due to having mild Aspergers and I much prefer the hot summer weather and laidback lifestyle. I have lived in Australia and New Zealand as an adult before and know as I have a
NZ passport I can go visa free to both NZ and Australia to live and work.
I also know that because of Covid I can’t go to either countries now and probably can’t for sometime to come.
I am newly married to my Filipina wife. We are just trying to work out where to settle. I am currently living in the Philippines but I would love to give Australia another try. Maybe live in Coolangatta in Gold Coast or Redcliffe just near Brisbane. I see that a google search is telling me that Australia is one of the easiest countries of Filipinas to move to. As we are both in are 40’s and with my NZ passport would we even be aloud to live and work there and settle there. Or would I be better to apply in NZ?
Old Dec 30th 2020, 2:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to Australia when covid dies down?

Originally Posted by samtheman40
I am half English and half NZ/Kiwi. I was born in New Zealand but brought up in the U.K. my dad is English my mum is Kiwi.I have never really fitted into the U.K. way of life. Possibly due to having mild Aspergers and I much prefer the hot summer weather and laidback lifestyle. I have lived in Australia and New Zealand as an adult before and know as I have a
NZ passport I can go visa free to both NZ and Australia to live and work.
I also know that because of Covid I can’t go to either countries now and probably can’t for sometime to come.
I am newly married to my Filipina wife. We are just trying to work out where to settle. I am currently living in the Philippines but I would love to give Australia another try. Maybe live in Coolangatta in Gold Coast or Redcliffe just near Brisbane. I see that a google search is telling me that Australia is one of the easiest countries of Filipinas to move to. As we are both in are 40’s and with my NZ passport would we even be aloud to live and work there and settle there. Or would I be better to apply in NZ?
Hi. The Oz Department of Home Affairs has good information on New Zealand citizens wishing to live and work in Australia. There are also links towards the top of the page, one shows how the immediate family of a NZ citizen can live with them in Australia. You'll note that under current legislation you'd only be eligible for a temporary visa, and your wife for a 5 year visa. The abovementioned links provide information on pathways to Australian permanent residence and citizenship (you'll need to check if you could meet the requirements for permanent residency) https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/ente...izens/overview

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 30th 2020 at 2:33 am.