Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wanting to emigrate

wanting to emigrate

Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

paulang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wanting to emigrate

Hi.I was hoping any truckers down under from the uk could give me advise on how to use my hgv1 licence to get into aus.i hear stories all the time but cant find any information on how to do it.any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
paul
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanting to emigrate

Originally Posted by paulang
Hi.I was hoping any truckers down under from the uk could give me advise on how to use my hgv1 licence to get into aus.i hear stories all the time but cant find any information on how to do it.any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
paul
God who's been telling you these stories????? Think you'll find they're stretching the true some what! Couldn't even work in Aus with HGV1 as they don't recognise it as far as I'm aware....

Think you need to do some serious research and possibly speak to an agent about your options, or failing that marry an aussie!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
paul
Hi, I'm afraid you may have been misled!

My hubby is a truck driver had a class 1 in UK and also ADR - these are not recognised here and although he had to sit another test for his equivalent to the class 1 the ADR is something else - so he hasn't got round to doing that.

We emigrated on my skills - his skills are not in demand and his profession is not classed as a 'profession' I am afraid.

We did look at America and Canada - which are different - so maybe you could investigate - PM me if you want any info.

Sarah
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
paul
Hey Paul

My brother in law is an HGV1 driver in the UK. He could not get into OZ but New Zealand were looking for drivers.

Sharon